Black housing job using a heatgun

01exv6

Reaction score
yo ric sick job on the headlighs...ive been using your pics to do mine. 2 questions...what did you use to smoke the ambers, and how did you get the lenses so damn clear? i got the same compound and I even tried a polishing kit and I still cant get them as clear as Id like. (I know theyre old and wont be perfect tho) thanks

Ric Rock

Reaction score
yo ric sick job on the headlighs...ive been using your pics to do mine. 2 questions...what did you use to smoke the ambers, and how did you get the lenses so damn clear? i got the same compound and I even tried a polishing kit and I still cant get them as clear as Id like. (I know theyre old and wont be perfect tho) thanks

i smoked the yellow amber strips itself from the headlights, and before i finished my project i took my sweet time buffing out and polishing the hell out of my headlights before putting it back together...trust me its worth the extra time. trust me when you put time into polishing it up theyll clear up

good luck

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
woot!
picture087fb7.jpg

Raymond

Reaction score
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but what did you use to tint the amber strips?

Ric Rock

Reaction score
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but what did you use to tint the amber strips?

i used some smoking film found on ebay?? my buddy bought it and i used it, ill find out but its pretty generic and cheap but did the job. it was the darkest shade available too. i think there a light, medium, and dark shade.

imo get the darkest shade period it looks cleaner and flows better, but thats just me.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Oven ftw!!! I attempted to use a heat gun for about 5 mins with blackhousing and went to the oven because it was warping the plastic and gettin nothing done. I had mine in the oven at 200 for 10 mins and it worked perfectly.

Hondamugen103

Reaction score
is there a decent set of blackhoused headlights out there for the 6th. gen that doesnt look cheap like everything on ebay?? and def post pics of oem blackhoused jobs please, would like to know how they all turned out. The blacked out turn signal bugs me on the aftermarket lens.

Back