Blown shock?UPDATE! !!!!! PG 3

valdivia187

Reaction score
I was going up a hill and hit a lil bump rear left wheel is slammed and making some sqeeky sound!

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
Re: Blown shock?

Blown shock usually leaks. Bounce that corner up and down and see if it bounces more than the other corners of the car. Bounces more = shock blown or nearing the end of it's life.

valdivia187

Reaction score

well yea im pretty sure its blown... its rubbing.... would it matter if i use my stock shock and sportline spring?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Rubbing doesn't mean its blown. Check the shock. Take wheel off, examine the shock body to see if there's any oil all over the casing, etc.

valdivia187

Reaction score

Im 12 miles from home atm... well chilling at my friends house... ima Change my plugs and wires tomorrow/paint my stocks rims/clean Air filter so yea....ima have to do it tomorrow...

finch13

Reaction score

What's rubbing? The more info you give the more we can help. Just because it rubs doesn't mean anything. The spring is what determines ride height, the shock controls how the spring oscillates (bounces). If one corner sits lower than the others, you've got a spring problem. If one corner bounces more than the others, you have a shock problem.

All of this happened because of a "lil bump"?

Sportlines on OEM shocks isn't a good combo, they can barely handle a spring rate slightly higher than OEM for long periods of time. It's very likely you blew a shock then.

And it doesn't HAVE to leak, the bouncing will give you a better estimate of the damage.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

lol u felt the water eh? haha just messing with joo. take their advice and c if its blown or not. then check endlinks and joints. :smash:

finch13

Reaction score

Endlinks and bushings can cause clunking and squeaking as well. Might as well check those for play while your have the wheel off.

Back