brake light

98accordsedan

Reaction score
Hi ive recently installed led globes into my brake light as my left one was blown a week later the left led has blown but the right one is fine i have checked my fuse and it is all good does anyone know why the left one would keep blowing? thanks.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you provide a picture of the led bulb you are using or a link to which led bulb you have purchased.

98accordsedan

Reaction score
i have one in each side and the driver side is fine its just the passenger side that is blown which was the bulb that was blown in the first place i just thought it was strange that ive had to bulbs blown (first one was original bulb) in the passenger side within 3-4 weeks

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most likely, the pins are touching the correct base pins but the lights are only works when you press on the brake or when you turn on your parking lights. It is not working for both parking and brake lights. There should be a brake light sensor warning light on your cluster.

The reason why the other side keeps on going out is (A) the pins not touching the correct base connector because it is loose or (B) the pins are causing a short by touching the wrong base connector and blowing the led bulb.

Back