brake light

98accordsedan

Reaction score
thanks for your time i believe the led is bad i swapped then around and the socket/base is fine i found an old stock bulb and plugged that in and its working fine the base of the led seemed a bit dodgy (the connector wires were way to long compared to the other bulb) so ill leave the stock one in if it blows ill search for some more if not then sall is good thanks for your time its most appreciated.

98accordsedan

Reaction score
okay so now i have the stock bulb in the passenger side and it does not work when braking but does when headlights are on but does not get brighter when brakes are applied the driver side works perfectly fine thoough

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay so now i have the stock bulb in the passenger side and it does not work when braking but does when headlights are on but does not get brighter when brakes are applied the driver side works perfectly fine thoough

Check to make sure the bulb on the passenger side is a 7443 dual filament bulb.

Example of 7440 bulb:

7668c63a09ca9cf7b8399484071e8c9d.image.550x550.jpg

7443 bulb:

40232d1299181569-brake-tail-light-question-7443bulb.jpg

If you have a 7440 bulb it will only work with the parking lights.
If you do have a 7443 bulb and only the parking lights work.. then you need to replace the bulb since one of the filament inside the bulb is busted.

98accordsedan

Reaction score
the bulb works when headlights are on also flashes when locking/unlocking its just when braking it does not light up

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
the bulb works when headlights are on also flashes when locking/unlocking its just when braking it does not light up

Brake lights are dual filament bulb. One light up the parking lights and another when the brakes are applied. Your parking light filament are still good so that continues to work. Your brake light one is busted so you have to replace the whole bulb.

Replace the bulb and it will work. Make sure to buy 7443 bulb.

Back