brake light

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the led bulb. Your led bulbs are fine. If you took a 12v power source to the - and + pins on the bulb they will work. The problem is the light socket. Go examine the socket.. you probably will discover that something has either broken off or there is a hairline crack on it from you trying to shove that led bulb into the socket.

98accordsedan

Reaction score
the sockets are working fine i just switched them around and both sockets work could there be a short somewhere as when both lights were working when i unlocked my car they did not flash but now that the passenger side does not work my lights flash when unlocking car (remotely) thankyou sorry for all the hassle

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay.. Don't have time but here it goes... I would do this to my car to fix the problem. This is without a multimeter.. If you have a multimeter... it will be 100% easier to test the socket.

I would..
-turn on my headlights and walk back to the car to verify which brake parking lights works or doesn't work.
-Have someone press on the brakes to verify if all the brake lights work.
-Once I find out which side are not working I would do this test..

I would remove the whole socket ( there is a tab that you press to release the socket) and swap the socket with the good side and test again... example.. if my driver side was not working.. I would remove the both the passenger and driver side socket and swap them.. after the swap.. if the bulb was faulty.. the driver side now should be fine. The passenger side should be out. This test will tell me if it's in fact the bulb/socket that is faulty and not some sort of wiring problem.

I would then try and see if the led is bad... You need either a 9v battery or some sort of drill charger or even a car battery will work... take 2 wire and strip both ends.. connect one end to the battery + and another to the - and the other end to the led bulb leads.. + to + - to -. ( the + and - on the led is hard to tell.. so you basically flip them if you touch one side and it doesn't work).

.... there are more steps but I will most later.. I have no time right now.

Last edited:
Back