Carbon Fiber Hood

I4 CG5

Reaction score
It will probably be significantly less if you prep it though, and have them reclear it

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
just do it urself, clear coat is not that hard....just buy it at ur local auto paint supply store and ask them whats brand of clear would be good... they usually know a handful...but the good clear coat is usually a lil expensive then paint and they usually only sell it in quarts...but i do it all the time saves me money and usually have alot left over, more coats u put makes it look like its wrapped in glass which looks hella nice and clean.....on the other hand u can get it done at a shop but i dont know how much they would charge u...

I4 CG5

Reaction score
I agree that it is cheaper if you do it yourself, but only if you already have a gun and a booth to spray it in

6genaccord

Reaction score
I have paint guns, my friends dad used to own a paint shop and i guess i can clear my garage out for a booth. in either case DHL said the "item" was picked up...so we'll see...

6genaccord

Reaction score
Got it today and installed it earlier. Pics soon to come!

Unfortunately the fitment was a bit off, so I was forced to get hood pins. Despite some people saying I needed them, I was hoping that the OEM latch would work. The hood won't go low enough to lock and was a bit higher on the driver side. Nonetheless, it sits fine now with the obnoxious pins.

I'm assuming I should look into locking hood pins since anyone with half a brain can open my hood now.

Last edited:

pyaarawala

Reaction score
yeah you should.

so that means you actually got a good and real cf hood for $40?? that's amazing, good find. try to get CF or black hood pins though. Please avoid the chrome or silver ones lol.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Since my situation is kinda similar, I'll post here instead of opening a new thread.

I found this dude selling a 4dr Carbon Fiber Hood no-name brand for $200 picked up. I think it's a decent deal since it's mint and since it's pick-up I get to see that it's ok. The problem is that it's for a sedan. I know they fit but they'll be gaps, but what I want to know is that where will the gaps be? Is it between the front grill and the hood? Or the sides as well? Will getting two hood pins simply solve the problem? I want to get CF hood pins so they match.

Here is a cheap CF hood pin:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2x-L...007QQitemZ170167193543QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Here is an NRG CF hood pin:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NRG-...009QQitemZ190172021232QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Does it matter which one I get? I don't know if these circle ones look cooler than the normal ones that most of you guys have, but I need it in CF so it blends in. Thanks, most likely will pick it up tomorrow.

Last edited:

euroking99

Reaction score
dont cheap out on hood pins. cheap pins wont lock rite, and before you know it, wham. hood flies up, shattering ur windshield and could be a danger to u or anyone else on the road. play it safe and smart. stick with a reliable name brand.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Back