DIY: 4-lug V6 Size Brakes with SS Lines (LOTS of pics!)

euroking99

Reaction score
93-96 Prelude VTEC rotors - 25$ ea at carquest
93-96 Prelude VTEC EBC greenstuff pads - 20$ set pepboys
91-95 Acura Legend calipers & brackets - 50$ junkyard

the only thing about the legend calipers is that u have to switch the left and right caliper so the bleeder valve is on the top instead of the bottom. if sum people are still looking for these type of calipers, search for 93-96 Prelude VTEC, 98-02 Accord v6, 96-97 JDM Integra Type R, 91-95 Acura Legend. the Legend calipers were the cheapest followed by the Prelude VTEC. as for the ITR's, all JDM 96-97 were 4x114 w/ 11" rotors. i would use the Prelude Vtec rotors only because they are 98% identical to the 6th 10" 4cyl rotor. the only two differences are the extra 1" and the rotor screws dont line up, which did not bother me a bit. also, this oem brake upgrade can still utilize 15" rims which is good if ur on a budget

kn106518

Reaction score
OK i am planning to do this upgrade too so i just want to get the fact straight that all. If you guys could help me that would be great.

Ok tell me if the parts that i list below are correct and enough to do this brake upgrade.
1. 95 Honda Prelude Vtec rotor
2. Honda accord 99 V6 caliper
3. Hawk brake pad fit 95 honda prelude vtec rotor.

BTW i have accord 99 sedan 4cyl

Last edited:

kn106518

Reaction score
come to think of it 95 Honda prelude vtec caliper looks pretty funky. so how about i use the Honda Accord 99 V6 caliper instead.

Last edited:

jdmaccord6

Reaction score
You have the right parts list, and that should work. Prelude, ITR, and V6 calipers are the pretty much the exact same fitment. If you're interested, I have a set of v6 calipers for sale. Pm me if you want them.

kn106518

Reaction score
now just a curious question, ok our stock accord rotor has 2 small screw hold it in place(the one where you have use heat gun and what not to remove). now when i put the prelude rotor in will that allign with the screw at all? in the picture, it seem like after the prelude rotor is put on, it doesn't align with the 2 holes and can't use the screws to hold the prelude rotor. is that alright or am i mess up here

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u dun need the 2 screws tht hold the rotors in... tht's just to keep the rotors in place during assembly at the plant...

lakersgo

Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea why mine makes squeaky noise when I apply the brake? I had the pads replaced by a local shop, they probably use some cheap aftermarket parts...I want to eliminate the noise if possible.

slaiguy

Reaction score
so 95 prelude vtec rotors work on a v6 accord?

Back