DIY cold air intake, CAI (PICS & Video!)

xluben

Reaction score
That's why I didn't hack mine up. It took me all of 5 min to swap the eBay intake for the stock one (minus resonator).

If you want it loud, just get the $30-40 thing off eBay, and once it's annoying enough you can just switch back to stock :D

Led_zeppelin

Reaction score
^^Yeah i decided to leave it normal so i can easily revert it to stock quickstatus...But its good for now till i get money to buy one off ebay .

Diddy

Reaction score
Great post and DIY luben. This inspired me 2 do my own nstead of buying one.. But i ran n2 a few issues when i tried yesterday. Hope u can help me out. I dont wanna sound completely incompetent but i couldnt not find the intake tube you showed. I took out the resonator n it looked like this...

003-1.jpg

The rubber gasket on the right came off no problem, so i fugured the cone thing, the intake, was just different from yours. But the problem was it wouldnt come off. And it just looked like ***.

004-1.jpg

I mean that thing just would not come off.
005.jpg

So my question is this. Does everything look copasetic 2 you? Did i just somehow miss the intake tube (dont know how i took the whole thing apart,) or do i have something different goin on. I obviously need some help man... thanks...

Diddy

Reaction score
Lookin around a bit more im thinkin the pipe n intake tube may b a bit different because pics i have seen have all been from jobs done on 4cyl models. Maybe my tube is different because it is on a 6? Just throwin stuff out there. Im sure i can go to Autostore or somethin and get a tube to put at the bottom of the lower intake box that fits with the gasket. I also want to cut the bottom to expand it so more air would go in there... Is my mind in the right place?

002.jpg

n is it was would it matter if i went plastic or metal???

xluben

Reaction score
Yep, look like your intake "tube" was badly melted. Not really sure how this
would happen, or why the tube is not removable, but I wouldn't worry about
it. It is probably not worth your trouble to find a new tube, etc.

I would just run the airbox without any tube/resonator at all. It should work
great. If you want more airflow, just cut a larger hole in the bottom of the
resonator (but then you will not be able to re-connect the stock
configuration).

Hope that helps.

Diddy

Reaction score
so i did it. took out the resonator and am just running with the airbox upper and lower with no pipe or anything. Man, i just got back home and i swear at 4k she wakes up and upwards of that shes growls nicely!!! Not 2 much, but sounds muscularly finesse... The first time i heard it was on an onramp n i couldnt believe it! I cant wait 2 c wat she sounds like with a free-er flowin exhaust! Thanks for the help!!! This mod was great!

dynasty

Reaction score
i actually did this to my Honda Odyssey also. BAHAHA. i don't want to red-line the Odyssey because it's embarrassing but it's nice to know that i'm getting more air than before. haha

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Great post and DIY luben. This inspired me 2 do my own nstead of buying one.. But i ran n2 a few issues when i tried yesterday. Hope u can help me out. I dont wanna sound completely incompetent but i couldnt not find the intake tube you showed. I took out the resonator n it looked like this...

003-1.jpg

The rubber gasket on the right came off no problem, so i fugured the cone thing, the intake, was just different from yours. But the problem was it wouldnt come off. And it just looked like ***.

004-1.jpg

I mean that thing just would not come off.
005.jpg

So my question is this. Does everything look copasetic 2 you? Did i just somehow miss the intake tube (dont know how i took the whole thing apart,) or do i have something different goin on. I obviously need some help man... thanks...

You have a V6 right?? Thats why it's different. Your intake setup is different from the 4cyls.

Just cut the bottom of your airbox off with a hacksaw.

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
I decided to do this, just because I wanted to see what it'd do and I already had my bumper off anyways. Here's a pic just to add to the thread:

homemadeintake.jpg

I got some better throttle response. Maybe a tad more power across the mid and higher rpms, but nothing really impressive of course. For what it is, I'd recommend it. :ownedrun:

Back