DIY cold air intake, CAI (PICS & Video!)

Led_zeppelin

Reaction score
yeah i finally did it today and yeah the car seems to pull faster and smoother ..instead of using the stock resonator and cutting it i went to home depot and bought a 90 degree black pvc pipe elbow shaped....then i clamped that mofo like no other cuz it was real loose ...it's a nice *** DIY ...i'm gonna buy some mesh and cover the pvc so rocks dont get sucked in and i gotta get a k&n filter..i think i'll be set after that..ohhh and i still need to cut a bigger hole in the airbox..but other than all that..This mod is sick cuz it looks stock...

Led_zeppelin

Reaction score
What do you mean you took it all out??? what do you have??Did u slap a cone filter on the TB?

Led_zeppelin

Reaction score
did u cut a hole in the airbox for better airflow??and is it better like that than with the pipe extension for cold air?

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
the air box have a hole and theres no pipe or tub under it. basically its just the filter and box nothing else.

Led_zeppelin

Reaction score
Nice....Well i still need to cut a hole in it.And i'll be set..But i'm gonna try both ways and see what i like ..I took it out for a joy ride and some dude in a Focus LOL is all like hey whats under the hood?? Nothing!!!

Back