DIY cold air intake, CAI (PICS & Video!)

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Took my resonator out this past weekend, tryin to get a decent vid of the sound. 3+ RPM it sounds beastly. Not nearly as enjoyable with an automatic, but those moments I hit 3 are worth it. Should hopefully have the vid by the end of the week.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
I believe its allowed my car to breathe better (not sucking warm air into the resonator from the engine bay) Now when the car switches over to high cam (VTec FTMFW!!!)in 1st gear it struggles for traction - even with the Hellical LSD!!
If I happen to put it into second too hastily it smokes up the wheels through 2nd also, only downside is the cabin area resonates the intake from 3000rpm so much that things vibrate.

DSC00280.jpg

217BHP of I4 red top goodness

Oh and the wife bought the License plate for me also..... she believes I spend too much time on my computer gaming..... little does she know!

Last edited:

GlassJAw

Reaction score
I'm missing the lowest part of the tubing. The "J" shaped piece. -_-'

My one was more like the V6 Resonator, and the "J" piece didnt match up to the bottom of the airbox.
The "J" piece is actually inside the engine compartment and draws air into the resonator in the inner guard / front bumper, it doesnt actually come out from factory joined into the bottom of the airbox.

matty2013

Reaction score
I just swapped out the stock with a generic aluminum ebay style intake, had to cut it so I could make it SRI in winter, man is it ever loud when it hits 3000+ RPM. Although I installed a TBS also for the hell of it and my intake makes sort of a loud wooshing noise at idle and below 2000 rpm.

2kaccord

Reaction score
just did this and i must say i love it..i just drove around and when i hit 4k it screams.

Back