DIY cold air intake, CAI (PICS & Video!)

C_S_L

Reaction score
i just did this mod. pretty simple. anyone notice changes in gas mileage after doing ti. better or worse? if its worse for me ill put it back in because it doesnt sound different till 4k and i normally am not flooring it lol

I definitely notice my gas mileage gotten better, although I have to stop putting crappy gas like ARCO, and shell out the extra cents for Shell's new nitrogen added gas. She runs alot smoother like that plus I free up more air volume by opening up the lower air box.

finch13

Reaction score
Cut the whole bottom of the box off. I just did this on the TL.

Yucky... especially for us who get snow. For those of us without splash guards in the fender, your filter gets dirty quick. I had a new filter in, drove to Florida, and by the time we got down there, I already needed a new filter it was soo dirty.

dtraill27

Reaction score
so far it seems ive gotten better gas mileage and if i listen i can hear the difference at lower rpms so it gets a thumbs up from me. i have nothing below the box and didnt widen the hole at all

C_S_L

Reaction score
Yucky... especially for us who get snow. For those of us without splash guards in the fender, your filter gets dirty quick. I had a new filter in, drove to Florida, and by the time we got down there, I already needed a new filter it was soo dirty.

My fender liner blew off while I was driving on the highway one day, so now I dont have a fender liner. I have K&N filter, why not get one finch? You still have the paper filter still huh?

finch13

Reaction score
Yeah... I haven't felt like spending $40 on a filter yet... I'd rather get it with the TAS Hybrid intake... but then again, I still don't want to spend money on a fairly pointless mod, power wise.

I have an AEM SRI off my 5th gen that will fit, just needs a new filter. I've been "needing" that filter for over a year, that's how important it is to me lol

xluben

Reaction score
I left the airbox uncut because then I could still swap back to stock, which I have since
done. I just got new wheel bearings and along with the full resonator back in, it feels like
my car is in "stealth mode" now :D

paypalbid

Reaction score
Here is my version. Had this set up for a few years now, never had any problems with water because the tube is vertical and the space from bottom of air box to the k&n filter.

IMAG0081.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

Well in my opinion, best set up FOR ME. I have owned my Honda Accord for almost 12 years now so I have tried just about everything on the market including the stupid "cheese grader" looking thing on the lower grill 5 years ago.

The reason I like this set up because at WOT you can feel the car come on the freeway on ramp smooth and continously gaining speed without a hick up point (you know what I mean if you own a 4cyl). Also I like the fact that the noise is very nice and at a reasonable level.

Pretty easy DYI overall. Just time consuming measuring the tubing and adjust the angle so it sit perfectly without bouncing around.

Back