DIY: NRG Short Hub / Quick Release / Steering wheel ( 56k = Take a dump first! )

IcyAccord

Reaction score
Is this your wheel?...I know it's been less than 24 hours...but where's the full picture??...;)

I'm reading that the quick release is for "racing only"...is this something that's illegal or just not recommended (because of the removal of air bag, cruise control, etc.)? I would assume it's as strong if not stronger than the OEM connection.

Are people using these on their daily drivers or just show cars? What's the benefit? Or is it as your wheel reads, just a personal preference?

Daily driver.

It's lighter.. feels a lot better. :omgbd:

My car is not a show car at all, but I still have one. :coffee:

Oh and I might be selling my Steering Wheel for around $150 shipped. let me know if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

nexTOme

Reaction score
what do you mean you're SELLING the wheel now? :eh:

pattywak

Reaction score
So you're not worried about losing the airbag?

...and hella nice writeup. Kudos! :thumbup:

Forte EXE

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering, when you got your short hub, did it say 97+ Accord on the side of the box? Or did it say eg6/integra?

CHID0

Reaction score
Beautiful write-up! Took less then a half hour start to finish. rep for you sir....

Did you get you horn to work? not really seeing how it's wire from the short hub to the rack/wiring. I assume i wired everything properly from the wheel horn, to the QR, to the hub. :wtf1:

And how would i eliminate the SRS dash light?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Hooking up Horn

This is what I read to do,

You have to at least remove the 6 bolts around the horn button.

once you open it up, your hub should already have a black wire.
Hook that black wire up to behind your horn button (2 connectors), each connector is fine.

and between your wheel and the hub, there's another circular ring that you need to attach the green/yellow or white wire (comes with the steering wheel)

and attached the green/yellow wire (from the ring plate) to behind the horn button (the remaining connector)

You can test out the horn by placing the ring plate to the hub and the horn button in the middle and now you can press the horn. It should go and reattach everything and you're good to go.

CHID0

Reaction score
yeah got that part already. The horn to quick release and quick release to hub is all wired i need to know how to do wire the hub to the car/horn wires. Maybe just have to wire the positive to the copper/metal plat in the back of the hub and the ground wire is already grounded to the car.....

Back