DIY Oxygen sensors

001Stunna

Reaction score
You can change the first one by just popping the hood, you can change the second one by jacking the car as you need to get under it.
Is it easy? yes. Could you fack it up? Sure if you over tighten them i guess.

cl206

Reaction score
I haven't done mine yet but on the V6, I'm pretty sure you can't change the primary one from the top. It is on the bottom, near the middle front. Find the cat converter and this is right before it. The wire clips looks a bit tough to get out for this one because it is up in the cavity.

The inline 4 might be from the top.

How easy really depends on how rusted to the pipes they are. PB blaster or Kroil might help.
I have 124000 miles and I can tell you I will do them myself when the time comes but now is not the time. I can only imagine how tight they might be haha.

Last edited:

lithiumus

Reaction score
Use the anti-seize but don't gob it on. Just put enough to fill (not over) the threads in four places equidistant. I would not tighten the o2 sensor to full spec either unless you're not really concerned about pulling it off again. Hand tighten it snug and use a wrench and give it another 1/16 turn or so.

avio07

Reaction score
You're right, the v6 o2 sensor is not right as you pop the hood, I had a hard time finding it. I think both of them are underneath the car.

cl206

Reaction score
If you look under the front of the car and just follow the exhaust pipes the primary is sticking out to the right near the center front and the secondary is just after the CAT sticking out to the left. It is pretty easy to find them.

Let me know how it turns out.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How bout this...if there's wires or something sticking out of your exhaust, that's the o2 sensor.

Back