DIY - Sonata fogs in 01-02 coupe

Led_zeppelin

Reaction score
and to the OP, IMO you shouldve tested em with the grill on first to see whats up... afterall it would suck for all that work to be done for nothing when a rock hits it...

ParisiOT

Reaction score
How are you going to wire it up?
Thats what im trying to figure out. Not sure if I should do the proper oem wiring so they turn off when the lights are off + when high beams are on, or if I should just wire them directly to the battery with a fuse...

Are those stock fogs from the hyundai? Look goods so far.
Yes they are. Majority of the 4th Gen Sonatas came with them incase anyone else wants to try after Guinea pig is complete

and to the OP, IMO you shouldve tested em with the grill on first to see whats up... afterall it would suck for all that work to be done for nothing when a rock hits it...
Not too sure what you mean by tested em on the grill. I test fit in the bumper and held behind grills?

Raul

Reaction score
looking good so far!

EDIT: You need oem side skirts and rear lip to complete the car. :lawl:

Last edited:

ParisiOT

Reaction score
looking good so far!

EDIT: You need oem side skirts and rear lip to complete the car. :lawl:

Thanks man. N trueeee. Saw some skirts at the junkyard but didnt like them. goin for the oem lip look as soon as the moneys in the bank.

looks decent..but do you have more pics of light output and from the car far away?
Yeah I trimmed and test fit the grills in the car and it fits beautifully.
The fogs have projectors with cutoffs so im sure they will be pretty decent.
As soon as i get them wired up, ill post a pic of the lighting.

Anyone got a suggestion on how to wire them up? Another option would be to tap them into the DRL? Still torn on how to wire them up.

ParisiOT

Reaction score
What's the wiring like behind the projector? I'd have them wired to a switch if possible.

Simple positive negative wires. After doing some reading, I'm just going to wire them to a switch. Just going to have to remember to turn them off every time i get out.
Unless someone has a suggestion of a wire I could tap into so that it only had power when the car was on?

ParisiOT

Reaction score
I am only 3 hours away. :thumbsup:
haha i think id get some nice coilovers before I drop that kinda money on the rest of the lip kit.

On another note, I testfit the lights and plugged em in. loving the cutoffs and output. Everything is fitting nicely. Pulled apart the lenses to clean them up and buff before install. After work tomorrow ill be pulling off the front bumper and seeing if I can finish off the lights. Pretty stoked :gride:

Back