F&F Help

NASOHC

Reaction score
Ha!

Not having a separate spring pre-load adjustment FTMFL! Yeah Teins are easy to adjust the height, but the weight of the car is the only thing keeping the springs seated properly... I don't like that. :boo:

Well, unless you got SS... I hate Tein just cause they gave me awful customer service so I sent their stuff back!!!

swollen_cu

Reaction score
I feel so stupid for never thinking about this.

Ken, has there been any confirmation from a F&F representative that "method 1" doesn't have any adverse effects on the valving? Some think that a ton of spinning on the shaft of the strut isn't good for it.... that's why "method 2" is mentioned.

There's no load on suspension when wheels is off to adjust height so its totally safe. Now u know! ;) :peace:

I feel dumb now, as I with all the coilovers I had and installed on other cars I had to do the other way. But good to know, I will try new way tomorrow and see how it works lol.

Finally this is cleared up!!!! :bukkake:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Well, unless you got SS...
Hm, newer SS's have 3 collars it appears? I thought for sure the early ones for the Accord still only had two collars for adjusting spring height.

Either way.... :boo: Tein :boo:

:lawl:

001Stunna

Reaction score
Hm, newer SS's have 3 collars it appears? I thought for sure the early ones for the Accord still only had two collars for adjusting spring height.

Either way.... :boo: Tein :boo:

:lawl:

Basic/SS still have 2 collars on the bottom of spring, Flex has 3 collars and offers seperate height adjustment.

For my liking Tein SS have served me well and i don't regret them one tiny little bit. I prefer not having to worry of "omg i cant go downtown cause car is too low"
Ps. Kevin :icon_axe::icon_axe::icon_axe:

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Ah-ha! I knew I wasn't crazy.... :)

Levin, I had the Basics on my Accord. :lawl: They were alright, but I was definitely sick of them.

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
Okay, question guys. I previously have Tokico HP struts on my car and going to replace it with F&F type 1s. I noitce that the coilover is much shorter than the Tokico shocks, is this normal? It seems too short. Do I have the right F&F type 1 application?

When I extend the red rod out so that it's about the same length as the Tokico shocks, the red rod seems like it's going to fall off the gold threaded rod. Help!

Last edited:

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
I have the coilover on the car, now it's raising my axle too high up where it's pressing on the sway bar. I've raised the coilover to the point where there's almost no more threads on the gold shock part. The axle is still pressing and the coilover doesn't seem safe. Am I missing something?

redlinevtec

Reaction score
I have the coilover on the car, now it's raising my axle too high up where it's pressing on the sway bar. I've raised the coilover to the point where there's almost no more threads on the gold shock part. The axle is still pressing and the coilover doesn't seem safe. Am I missing something?

That's weird...what size tires/rims do you have? Upload a pic. I sold my teins and bought some f&f type ones and love them. I hated my tein ss. Not low enough lol. OEM ride though! I will admit only thing I don't like about these coilovers is the spanner height adjustment wrench they give you. They don't grab very well.

Last edited:

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
That's weird...what size tires/rims do you have? Upload a pic. I sold my teins and bought some f&f type ones and love them. I hated my tein ss. Not low enough lol.

I'm running on stock rims/tires.

The factory setting, only about 4.5 inches of tread.

As you can see, I am almost out of tread trying to adjust the height.

The sway bar is in contact with the arm as the coilover is pulling up the arm and brake rotors, etc. This picture shows that there’s no room. As you can see my end link is broken due to the pressure.

The base of the coilover is sitting in the cup, it’s tighten.

The coilovers are placed as instructed.

Last edited:
Back