Getting together my turbo kit

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Cool man. Did you have it installed for a while? No leaks or anything? Why'd you buy an extra one?

ha no i bought it and tapped it..but i was so excited to get my turbo installed i forgot to take it with me along to the shop..soo they just tapped my orginal one..BUT i wanted to keep that one untapped just incase i needed to take it off and run OE again.

AFAccord

Reaction score
ya..the FMU supplies 12 times as much fuel through the injectors maxing them out,causing you to run uber rich due to no extra air flow..

usually you have atleast 6psi coming into the intake so the fuel ratio is good..but running that with your normal CAI or SRI isnt a smart idea..surprisingly you havnt flooded the engine being so rich..atleast take it easy,dont WOT and all that.

What are you talking about man. The FMU only puts through extra fuel when it sees boost. I'm not worried about it. I know there's no boost right now.

LMAO! I was waiting for someone to call you on that!

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
I know. I want to get this thing done. It's gonna be atleast another month or two though... My job is cutting back on hours.
A little update. I received the intercooler and i'm getting the rest of the piping I need today. I might be ordering some other stuff soon too, don't know yet. But, I'll post some pics of the intercooler install soon.

joe80055

Reaction score
Hey dean, start showing pics of your goods, I'm so curious that it kills. haha

Do you have a parts list of what you have already?

Last edited:

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
I've been posting up pictures of what I'm getting as I go along. I'll have to make a list of what I've got later...I'm too lazy right now.

joe80055

Reaction score
^really? where are they? I must be looking in the wrong areas. I've seen teh intercooler pics, but that's about it

Back