Going 18 inch (18x8 225/40/18)

4door accord02

Reaction score
So I finallly picked out the rims/tires im going to be buying next week,but however unsure if Ill be having to do any sort of modification(fender rolling).I dont know how much exactly my car is lowered but assume that has a big play in whether ill get a bunch of rubbage.

So just wondering how i can i measure my ride height so that i can asses whether or not i will have to roll ma fenders??:peace:

ps: ma car came lowered when i purchased it...?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The first thing you need to do is figure out how much your car is lowered. I am assuming you bought the car as is? What kind of suspension is on it?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
You probably wont need to roll your fenders, but if you did, it'd be ever so slightly. I noticed on your ride thread that you have a camber kit, so you could always just go like negative a little bit just to avoid having to roll your fenders. 18x8 is probably still skinny enough for you to be able to just get by, especially if you stretch your tires.. I'd get 205/40 or 195/40 for 18x8 :D I think you should be fine tho.

Millz

Reaction score
width and offset play a big, if not the biggest role in you asking that question along with ride height

4door accord02

Reaction score
You probably wont need to roll your fenders, but if you did, it'd be ever so slightly. I noticed on your ride thread that you have a camber kit, so you could always just go like negative a little bit just to avoid having to roll your fenders. 18x8 is probably still skinny enough for you to be able to just get by, especially if you stretch your tires.. I'd get 205/40 or 195/40 for 18x8 :D I think you should be fine tho.

thats kinda what i was assuming but wasnt sure thanx for THE INFO ,definatley gives me a better idea thanks

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Springs determine your ride height, not struts. So what springs are the Yellows paired with?

195 is way to narrow for an 8" wide rim btw.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I'm running 205 on 8.5's .. So you can either do 205 or 195 .. up to you.

Back