led instrument cluster?

vysuperman

Reaction score
i'm going for a softer blue look. are you saying the white led's won't do the job? I really like the picture of your gauge cluster in your first post of your DYI

talontsiawd

Reaction score
vysuperman said:
i'm going for a softer blue look. are you saying the white led's won't do the job? I really like the picture of your gauge cluster in your first post of your DYI
Oh, the white should be fine if you keep the diffusor like the first pick. It's just a slight difference but white is a color where it is either white or not. For that, it should be fine.

Hlover

Reaction score
blindside said:
Yeah it was my accord when i still had it, i got the bulbs from ledautomotive.com then i had to clear out the paint on the needles using cotton swabs with paint remover or acetone might work too. And just like what everyone says here removing the cluster is the easiest part to do.. :thumbsup:

ok so all I have to do is get the 194 and 74 bulbs, take out the cluster and take out the bulbs and then just replace them with the led ones right. I know how to take out the cluster and all that I just thought that maybe i had to do something besides just replase the bulbs to be able to put the leds on.

blindside

Reaction score
cool your all set then... :) just take off the existing bulbs and replace them with leds

Vtecdreamer

Reaction score
I bought 5 194 radial LED bulbs and 2 #74 bulbs. are these the ones i need to get from superbright or automation> has anyone done the center console like the climate control clock etc.?

deucescorner

Reaction score
blindside said:
Did you want something like this?

DSCN0571.jpg

kind of off topic but where can i get that gauge cluster, i've been looking everything but no luck

chaser226

Reaction score
Looking at superbrightleds.com and just want to make sure these below are the right ones to buy and also wanted to confirm how many of each I should get. Thanks..

page i'm looking at..

"WLED 5-LED Wide Angle LED bulb
12 VDC 5-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
Super Wide Viewing Angle bulb uses 4 radially mounted LEDs aiming out the sides and one High Flux LED on top
Non Polarized
$ 2.99 "

"T1.5 Instrument LED bulb
1-LED Instrument Cluster and Gauge illumination bulb. #74 LED bulb installed in twist-lock socket base Available with White,Blue,Green,Red and Amber Wide Angle LED
$ 1.79"

Back