led instrument cluster?

Sinful

Reaction score
yeah like shaved said just wiggle a bit and it'll come right off, make sure you pull a little hard too. It might seem like they don't fit but they do, thats what i thought at first too.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
my PRE-CEL days lol hahaahahaha

mine

IMG_0037.jpg

all same shade(slight hot spots but again i really dont care) pic makes color seem slightly diff

Sinful

Reaction score
the blue would look so much better if the needles were white or red.

heres mine: (sucky hotspots)

l_986b8e856b3f3c444bcb2014fc0b24d8.jpg

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Yank the 2 small bulbs in the top of the cluster than shines down. It'll look A LOT better.

Sinful

Reaction score
shavedaccord said:
Yank the 2 small bulbs in the top of the cluster than shines down. It'll look A LOT better.

Ohhhhhhhhhh yeah i know which ones you're talking about. THanks:). It made mine look all pink when i turned the dimmer up.

cliffsta

Reaction score
Question: If I used regular 194 bulbs and not the LED style, would I avoid all the hotspots? I'd assume 194s come in colors. Also, which ones are for the lettering and which ones are for the needles? I saw in the earlier post of this thread a green lettering with red needles. I was thinking blue lettering with red needles. Plus this would be cheaper than wussing out and buying the reverse-glow gauge kit from Ebay :)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
You can use regular incandecant bulbs. Blue looks awful and will be really dim, i don't know why they make them. Red looks fine though, possibly better than led's since you wouldn't have the hot spots.

Back