Midwest Meet

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Why or how does Roy get deals on passports...?

Roy is planning on moving up to the Canadian West Coast, so he will have to look in to the whole paperwork process, so he may have some helpful info for you.

Mikey

Reaction score
Ah, I see.

I figured I could just go to my local government office and get all the proper paperwork. I know it costs like $300 and takes like 6-8 weeks.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ah, I see.

I figured I could just go to my local government office and get all the proper paperwork. I know it costs like $300 and takes like 6-8 weeks.

It costs that much to get it!

It's less than half that here for us.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Wow.....now I see why Roy wants to move up to Canada besides the free healthcare!

Anyway, I won't clutter your thread with more OT discussion.

Mikey

Reaction score
Who doesnt love OT discussion? Lol. Ive wanted to move there for quite some time. Im just sure there's a lot more hassle and a lot less glamour than people lead you to believe.

It's a different form of government, too. Not that it's a bad form or anything but it's still a change in how certain things are done. Laws are different, too. It's definitely something that would require some getting used to. It's one of those things that's a good idea to live very near the border, on the US side. That way you can transition easier. Having to travel 8, 10, 12+ hours one way, can get a bit tedious.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There isn't more hassle, and this 'glamour' you speak of, really depends on where you move to.

Obviously the bigger cities will have more to offer, but if you can live somewhere closer to the border on either side, yeah, that's a plus.

Back