Midwest Meet

lifelongbread

Reaction score
haha fair enough.
just make sure you have a job lined up and you have a stack of cash cause I know someone who moved down there in december and she said apartments are very pricy down there.

Mikey

Reaction score
haha fair enough.
just make sure you have a job lined up and you have a stack of cash cause I know someone who moved down there in december and she said apartments are very pricy down there.
I got a place with said girlie. Im getting tired of this shit-hole town and the people in it. Aside from the occassional tornado, the weather's better, too. Plus it's closer to more larger cities than I am now. And define expensive? I used to pay $700/mo for a 2bed/2bath and the place had a security system, a pool, covered parking, movie rentals, gym. You get what you pay for.

Isn't that where the twisty things go?
lolwut?

OOOH, tornadoes? Yeah. See above. That's anywhere in Missouri really. I-44 and I-70 are bad places to live along. Although the OK/MO/KS/AR borders are probably more prone to them than up here.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Mikey, glad you said it, because I was wondering what the heck that random post was about.

lifelongbread

Reaction score
well if you think about joplin. Half the town got destroyed. Am I right? Yes. So the other half of the town that was still standing got a huge price jump for places to live cause there are more people than homes. They started building new houses/apartments and since they are new they are going to be expensive. So unless you have a pre determined place to stay (as I now see you do). It should be fairly reasonable to live.

Mikey

Reaction score
Eh, Id say about 25-30% of the town was destroyed. Less than 10% of the homes have been rebuilt and more than half of the businesses have been rebuilt.

IDK about apartments and houses that were there before that price-hiked but even some of the new ones going up, that are UBER nice, are expensive. But, as I mention, they're nicer quality.

Finding a job is probably going to be my biggest feat. I havent looked down there but I imagine I'll find one making the same amount I am now, if not more.

I'll still be about 2 hours from KC though. I'll just be an extra 1.5 hours from STL.

As far as this meet goes, Im still waiting to see when all the other meets are.

How does everyone feel about May 26/27? The following Monday is Memorial Day so a lot of people might have work off and/or be out of school.

lifelongbread

Reaction score
I might have a potential problem with that. I'm moving up to leavonworth at the end of may some time.....

Mikey

Reaction score
I have a feeling that you and I are the only active "KC" members, lol.

WilliamW and blackgtsr are near STL. I thought I remember hiddengamer being from the KC area but I cant remember. Otherwise, it's just you and I, lol.

Which is why I think we'll more than likely have to watch for something in CHI. :\

Back