Missing that vtakk?

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
yeah the only way i know that vtec "kicks" is my vtec light (which will be removed once i feel like removing it). theres no noise difference and it comes on at like 2700 RPM, i use it as a shift light.

claybird

Reaction score
I notice it fine In my j32. And maw when I moved to my 2002 Dakota r/t 5.9L while my accord was down, I didn't miss Vtak at all. All torque bby!

Geewiz

Reaction score
I have the F23A4 ULEV-VTEC which is kind of an oxymoron.

Honda: "Let's drop 2 HP so we can call it ULEV for the early 'green' adopters but throw in VTEC to still be cool."

It sure isn't ULEV now. I failed Ohio "E-Check" because I'm more than four times over max NOX. A little off topic, but CEL is on, replaced front O2-A/F sensor and rear O2 sensor twice and my ECU and wiring diagnostics and still hasn't been found between exhaust and electrical shops. Now one tells me the ECU may just need a firmware update. Time to go to Honda which is what I was avoiding in the first place.

US3D98

Reaction score
I replaced my vtec with vvti :)
scion?! lol

I have the F23A4 ULEV-VTEC which is kind of an oxymoron.

Honda: "Let's drop 2 HP so we can call it ULEV for the early 'green' adopters but throw in VTEC to still be cool."

It sure isn't ULEV now. I failed Ohio "E-Check" because I'm more than four times over max NOX. A little off topic, but CEL is on, replaced front O2-A/F sensor and rear O2 sensor twice and my ECU and wiring diagnostics and still hasn't been found between exhaust and electrical shops. Now one tells me the ECU may just need a firmware update. Time to go to Honda which is what I was avoiding in the first place.
have u try the defouler?

Back