Missing that vtakk?

Geewiz

Reaction score
scion?! lol

have u try the defouler?

No, haven't heard of it until I looked it up now and the asses at my muffler shop should've suggested it because they were good at what they do but aren't "professionals" so even if it's a frowned-upon trick, they knew I was only trying to pass emissions test and should have recommended it because after replacing ECU (had to get all my keys reprogrammed too by locksmith) and both o2 sensors they drew a blank.

From what I read though I rather not do that to the front O2 sensor since that's the A/F ratio sensor as well. Worth a try on my rear/cat sensor though. Or just buy an AEM EMS. I spent 700 trying to fix the problem between the two shops so could have for a couple hundred more and if I get a custom turbo down the road, better than individual components trying to measure everything.

But yea, about those vtecs...

014doorv6

Reaction score
lolz.i definetly do.i stay waiting for it and when i dont hear it, thats when i remeber im not in my car.:driving:

nsjames

Reaction score
Re the high NOX guy, check the EGR, that's what EGR is supposed to do is reduce NOX emmisions, for the most part anyway.

that and the cat.

Tricking the ECM into not throwing the MIL is not going to fix it when they stick it on the sniffer.

edit for the wikipedia link about EGR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation

Last edited:

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
stock f23 vtak is hardly noticeable ... when i say stock i'm including aftermarket upgrades such as i/h/e ... why, because they do nothing without any REAL engine work ... :hide:

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
stock f23 vtak is hardly noticeable ... when i say stock i'm including aftermarket upgrades such as i/h/e ... why, because they do nothing without any REAL engine work ... :hide:

uh huh, then I must have the best hearing in the world :lawl:

I hear it engage just fine with simply I/H

I mean really, from a dead stop without even pushing the engine that much, you definitely hear it cross over

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
cant wait to replace my vtec with another variable valve technology that also starts with a V :147703263745b138a51

I was just going to say........most cars now a days have some sort of variable valve timing, Vtec, VVTI, VANOS, etc.......

Geewiz

Reaction score
Re the high NOX guy, check the EGR, that's what EGR is supposed to do is reduce NOX emmisions, for the most part anyway.

that and the cat.

Tricking the ECM into not throwing the MIL is not going to fix it when they stick it on the sniffer.

edit for the wikipedia link about EGR.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation

Once again, something the muffler shop guys should have thought of unless its failure would show up in the code reading they took.

As for hearing the VTEC, I do hear it better with I/H/E I have maybe a little more power, but not much since doing the I/H/E. I am ready for real engine work though. possibly bore out, lower compression, better rings/seals, and turbo which means ditching the header I bought anyways but always resellable on here I guess!

nsjames

Reaction score
Once again, something the muffler shop guys should have thought of unless its failure would show up in the code reading they took.

As for hearing the VTEC, I do hear it better with I/H/E I have maybe a little more power, but not much since doing the I/H/E. I am ready for real engine work though. possibly bore out, lower compression, better rings/seals, and turbo which means ditching the header I bought anyways but always resellable on here I guess!

maybe, if it were broken you'd think it would set a code, but maybe all of the electronics and such are functioning and it's just gunked up so much there's not enough flow to reduce your emmissions.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
maybe, if it were broken you'd think it would set a code, but maybe all of the electronics and such are functioning and it's just gunked up so much there's not enough flow to reduce your emmissions.

pretty sure it would throw a code and youll get a CEL

Back