My Retrofit (update on etching)

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
My Retrofit

Gonna have like 5 or 6 H emblem die cut stickers made.

Dimensions are to be 0.625" wide and 0.521" in height. The lens is 2.5" in diameter so I think that'll show up enough without being too obvious. The width is 1/4 the diameter of the lens and the height is the width divided by 1.2, this will keep an accurate ratio to imitate the real emblem... Sounds like a good size to me.

Edit: Just emailed the guy, so we'll see.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
My Retrofit

He said that he can do it and is working on the design. I changed the dimensions to 1"x0.83" though. Hopefully this being 50% larger will be a better fit for the lens.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: My Retrofit

Hmm...will the sticker mess with the light output? And wouldn't it just get melted from the heat that dissipates from the projector lens?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
My Retrofit

Oh let me explain.

The sticker is the stencil because that is the only thing that will work to make sharp edges with the design. And it's too small for me to do myself so I have to have them made. I'm getting like 6 that way I can practice and if I mess up applying it to the lens I can just start over.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
My Retrofit

$4 shipped for the 6 custom decals/stencils.

Damn that's nice :lawl:

Doing all the trimming work tonight.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
My Retrofit

Need an answer!

Who has wired up Bi-Xenon? And how did you run the wire without compromising the headlight sealing properly?

And if I'm doing Bi-Xenon I'll probably have my high beam unplugged. So would it matter if I completely blacked out the headlights? All buckets. Seems like it wouldn't be a problem since everything is being done with the projectors.

Thanks for any answers!

LeAccord

Reaction score
Re: My Retrofit

I wired it as bi-xenon and high beam so effectively I have two high beams.. I ran the bi-xenon wire through the little screw hole that was used to hold that reflector piece in front of the halogen bulb.

And probably no, it wouldn't affect light output.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
My Retrofit

So I don't need extra sealing around the screw hole or anything when I run the wires through?

Back