New Sub Installed

xx24xx

Reaction score
^^ Why do you insist on caps? Haven't you read the truth about them? :buttkick:

So how does the bass come into the cabin? I'm curious why you didn't fire the sub forward since it's sealed.

sw2oboi

Reaction score
how is a cap useless? I actually find the cap helpful. ive heard it is helpful when powering 2 subs that total up in lots of power.

but anyways thats a clean setup..looks kinda empty with just 1 sub. by the way you ARE under powering it. it is suggested that you slight over power it a little bit. i use type r's also but doing 600 rms each.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
bass comes into the cabin nicely, the set up is fitting my needs nicely thus far
and yeah i understand that i may be underpowering but hopefullly no problems will arise

eggyhustles

Reaction score
how is a cap useless? I actually find the cap helpful. ive heard it is helpful when powering 2 subs that total up in lots of power.

but anyways thats a clean setup..looks kinda empty with just 1 sub. by the way you ARE under powering it. it is suggested that you slight over power it a little bit. i use type r's also but doing 600 rms each.

Caps are USELESS. the big 3 would help out your electrical alot more

kn0x47

Reaction score
Caps are USELESS. the big 3 would help out your electrical alot more

hahaha. i love how someone asks how they are useless and all you do is respond again saying that they're useless. sw2oboi, if you want to know the truth about capacitors then ask an electrician or an electrical engineer. they're the one that actually know what they're talking about. i'm a mechanical engineer so i've studying electrical engineering and i've been into car audio long before that. capacitors take strain off the battery and allows for higher instantaneous wattage so a sub will actually hit harder if a cap is hooked up to it. upgrading your chassis ground wire is still a good idea because car manufactures only put a large enough wire to handle what comes with the car stock.

if people really think capacitors are so useless than why dont they just take em all out of their electronics because everything electronic device made has AT LEAST one capacitor. i'd recommend researching things before you go spreading the wrong information.

I find it interesting that people on forums that think the wrong informations is right are the people that are so insistent on spreading what info they know. the people that actually know what they're talking about, don't speak up much.

i'm not trying to personally attack you eggyhustles, im just tired of reading wrong information

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
hahaha. i love how someone asks how they are useless and all you do is respond again saying that they're useless. sw2oboi, if you want to know the truth about capacitors then ask an electrician or an electrical engineer. they're the one that actually know what they're talking about. i'm a mechanical engineer so i've studying electrical engineering and i've been into car audio long before that. capacitors take strain off the battery and allows for higher instantaneous wattage so a sub will actually hit harder if a cap is hooked up to it. upgrading your chassis ground wire is still a good idea because car manufactures only put a large enough wire to handle what comes with the car stock.

if people really think capacitors are so useless than why dont they just take em all out of their electronics because everything electronic device made has AT LEAST one capacitor. i'd recommend researching things before you go spreading the wrong information.

I find it interesting that people on forums that think the wrong informations is right are the people that are so insistent on spreading what info they know. the people that actually know what they're talking about, don't speak up much.

i'm not trying to personally attack you eggyhustles, im just tired of reading wrong information
i guess people dont know that part in bold...next time i have an amp out of my car i'll count the caps. my 400RMS amp has to have about 70 inside...

eggyhustles

Reaction score

big 3 with 0 gauge would yield better results.

Last edited:

OneLoud00Accord

Reaction score
big 3 with 0 gauge would yield better results.

:thumbsup: At least someone knows what they're talking about.

A capacitor will barely steady out the voltage curve, which in turn will cause the subs "hit" to have a slightly, completely unnoticeable to the human ear more power behind it. However, if you're charging system (amp + batts) dont have enough juice in the first place, all a cap will do is put more strain on the alt as it has to charge both your battery(s) and cap at that point. kn0x47 im sorry but you've been reading the correct information, caps marketed for car audio are 99.9% useless garbage.

xx24xx

Reaction score
"Truth: Capacitors are a waste of money. OK ... this isn't totally true, but for the most part it is true. MOST systems do not require the use of a capacitor. A capacitor will not stop your lights from dimming ... if you want to stop your lights from dimming, get a second battery (deep cycle or gel cell) and a battery isolator. If that doesn't work, get a new alternator rated for a higher amperage. Both options are relatively expensive, but worth it if your dimming is THAT bad. In the past, I have experienced very SMALL relief from using a capacitor, but the fact remained that my lights were still dimming. You might also find some help with dimming by upgrading all grounds in your engine bay (including the ground for your battery and alternator) to a higher guage wire. People sell all in one "grounding kits" which work, but really all you need to do is buy some 2 gauge or 1/0 gauge wiring and some ring terminals and re-ground everything to the chassis. This can also help with ground loops". -REAL, UNBIASED Car Audio Buying Advice: eBay

My installer says the same thing. Their true purpose is to be used as a voltage regulator. The caps performance gains are so minimal that it's ridiculous. In some cases they can reduce performance causing strain to your electrical. I'm not trying to bust your balls, just want you to see the truth.

Create demand>Market>Supply

Back