New Sub Installed

SilverAggie

Reaction score
Still don't understand you..i could have a 5000 watt amp on the sub and the sub won't see it until i jack up the volume. so...

So there is your answer to your own question. If you want the maximum performance out of your sub... like I said before. Get an amp that is actually rated at the subs RMS. That way you can push your sub to higher levels.
Why do people get subs?
Answer: To produce bass.
And I don't think you would want to spend that kind of money on an amp anyways cause that would be a ridiculous price plus a huge amp, even though you are speaking hypothetically which btw is retarded. Stop being gay I've installed for 5 years now. Shut your mouth

eggyhustles

Reaction score
You STILL make no sense. underpowering is NOT bad until clipping is involved.

Also, rule of thumb is to have headroom..

xx24xx

Reaction score
Still relieves a small amount of stress as I have not replaced another alternator and have the same system and agreed that Stinger Dry cells are a better option just that they are more expensive. Stop getting on every little thing I say. It's annoying!:puke:xx24xx:puke:eggyhustles

I'm not trying to nag at you. I just don't want the wrong information or message spread. Capacitors are generally a waste of money and the MAIN reason people buy them is predicated on underinformed audio enthusiasts who spread false information.

How does a capacitor relieve stress from an electrical system when it sucks power directly from the power supply? The more power you need the more strain you cause. The alternator can only produce so much voltage/watts at a time. Like I said before... essentially all a capacitor does is regulates your voltage, keeping it as close to X amount of voltage just before the bass hits and the amplifiers demand rises. A battery or bat cap has reserve aka BALLS lol and will back up that voltage with power for a duration. Upgrading your wiring to 1/0, like the "big 3" has more improvement than a capacitor because the gain of energy able to travel has increased. That is a different story though. Bottom line a capacitor needs constant feed of power to work effectively.

Last edited:

SilverAggie

Reaction score
I'm not trying to nag at you. I just don't want the wrong information or message spread. Capacitors are generally a waste of money and the MAIN reason people buy them is predicated on underinformed audio enthusiasts who spread false information.

How does a capacitor relieve stress from an electrical system when it sucks power directly from the power supply? The more power you need the more strain you cause. The alternator can only produce so much voltage/watts at a time. Like I said before... essentially all a capacitor does is regulates your voltage, keeping it as close to X amount of voltage just before the bass hits and the amplifiers demand rises. A battery or bat cap has reserve aka BALLS lol and will back up that voltage with power for a duration. Upgrading your wiring to 1/0, like the "big 3" has more improvement than a capacitor because the gain of energy able to travel has increased. That is a different story though. Bottom line a capacitor needs constant feed of power to work effectively.

Agreed. Caps are for instantaneous power of little watts. They store up energy for individual hits which is why the headlights don't dim. Even better idea like you said is upgrading the gauge of your power wire. My point was caps aren't completely usless, just mostly useless. I take my puke back from you sir and put it all on eggyhusltes cause he's an ahole from New York.

SilverAggie

Reaction score
I'm an asshole because i'm right and you're wrong?

lemme guess you work @ best buy, huh?

Uh no don't work at bestbuy. Have installed everything myself for years on many peoples cars in my garage. Never had complaints because I know what I'm doing. An your an ahole because you're from New York and I work with people like you from New York. My Aunt is also from New York and even though she is family, she is an ahole as well.
You are right about the underpowering. And the big3 which I never said anything about btw because we weren't talking about it.
We give eggyhustles all the glory for being macho. Yay!!! Now shut it since you don't have anything useful to say. :chucklesfawk:

Back