Nor Cal Detailing bizzzz

emii

Reaction score
Hey guys :) If anyone has really noticed, I haven't been on hardly at all within the past few months. And that's becauuusee.. (drumroll)

Me and my boyfriend are starting our own detailing business! Whoop whoop.
Now I have almost no experience as far as the exterior goes, but I'm really good at fixing the interior. Josh is excellent though at using buffers and fixing paint damage :lawl:

I want some opinions on if you think our pricing is fair. We're not quite established yet, but we're using Meguiar's top products along with their DA. :)

The most expensive package ("The Black Tie") includes everything washed, with dressing on exterior trim, engine compartment, wheel wells, tires, and all interior surfaces to protect from stains and uv damage. The exterior we have this process:
1) Wash vehicle by hand with the two bucket method, dry with microfiber towels
2) Clay bar to get rid of surface contaminates
3) Removal of swirls using M105
4) Polish with polishing foam pad using M205
5) Polish again with finishing foam pad using M205
6) Apply glaze to create super shine using M07
7) Wax with #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax

All that for only $225! What do you think?!
Oh, and to prove to you we won't mess up your car, we can do a 50/50 of the hood to show you a before and after.

Currently we're slowly doing my car, I'll show it to you guys when we're done :) Although it looks as if someone put a clear coat over the original paint without even prepping it first so.. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can make it pretty once again.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
why can't you be located in new york? no one here is ambitious like that. we sit on our *** all day long haha. i would like to come to you guys for a wash. can't go to a regular car wash as i am..."slammed":goyou:

emii

Reaction score
Hehe drive to Cali! I can even throw a sealant on so it'll last till you get back to your side of the country :jae:

tunerbum147

Reaction score
sounds like a deal. the only part im confused on is the removal of swirls. are you buffing it first where swirls would need to be removed?

emii

Reaction score
funny you chose that smiley...im asian.:rwerd:

Funny you chose that one, my head spins around like that. :D

sounds like a deal. the only part im confused on is the removal of swirls. are you buffing it first where swirls would need to be removed?

We're buffing with a DA to remove them :) M105 is shorthand for Meguiar's Ultra Cut compound. It's more aggressive than other products, so you don't have to work it for quite as long. But it removes around 85-95% of defects. Then we swoop in with the polish to give it a nice deep shine and high gloss

xJx

Reaction score
Good business to get into! You guys are well organized and i think the price is good. I wish you were in my state too lol! Cant wait to see the pix of your car all done!

slowaccord

Reaction score
do you have any more products? ur list makes you seem like your a novice. I would suggest reading up on autopia and the other detailing forums. it can be a tricky business

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
I say go for it, I mean I don't know if $225 is necessarily good compared to what people would normally pay but it looks like you've done some research on this and gotten some practice at least.

Is this what you've been doing for the last month or two? You've been like a walking ghost town on here :lawl:

ur list makes you seem like your a novice.

O_O really

emii

Reaction score
Good business to get into! You guys are well organized and i think the price is good. I wish you were in my state too lol! Cant wait to see the pix of your car all done!

Thank you! :)

do you have any more products? ur list makes you seem like your a novice. I would suggest reading up on autopia and the other detailing forums. it can be a tricky business

Well we aren't seasoned experts, but not everyone can be when starting off. We have a lot of product, but the average driver doesn't know the difference between a carnauba wax or a synthetic. We carry NXT 2.0, Hi Tech Yellow Wax, Quik Wax, paste wax, etc. We also have different kinds of glazes and sealants available for request. Really it's whatever the customer wants, but in the package we're using what we find works best :)

Back