Oil Recommendations

whitegourd

Reaction score
I'm going to be switch over to High Mileage oil on my next oil change. It seems like Castrol HM & MaxLife are ones to go with. Is there anyone on here that has tried MaxLife's NextGen?

(btw, sorry to bump an old thread).

Last edited:

xIrvin

Reaction score
I'm using whatever oil the honda dealership uses :D.
That should be good enough rolling close to 180k or should I change what I use...?

xIrvin

Reaction score
Yeah forgot to include that I can't really take it anymore to my mechanic for oil changes because there's a pretty decent sized dip to drive on before getting on the lift im guessing for draining purposes idk.. And seeing how my cars going lower soon I won't be able to take it to him anymore. The lift also barely reaches under my car..
So I was thinking to just start doing my own oil changes.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
Mobil 1 full synthetic with extended life filter is good for 10-15k miles. Get a good filter, otherwise you're wasting your money

truWarier02

Reaction score
Alright thanks i'll try it. Suggestion on the filter??
Sorry i'm completely noob when i comes to oil... Since i've never changed my own oil before :doh:

I interchange these.

Oil: Mobil1 synthetic or Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30
Filter: PureOne or Wix.

Just close your eyes and choose any combination of these. Or whatever is the cheapest out of those. You can usually get a PP 5qt jug at Walmart for about $22. So DIY for $30 bucks is nice.

Back