Painting rear taillights

ib042129

Reaction score
BadgerType said:
applied to the outside right?

What if i do the insides instead of the outside? less dull, no clear coat?
That's what I would like to know. I tinted my lights twice and both times
they ended up fading and loosing the tint after about a year.
I was thinking of tinting the inside this time and putting an extra coat
of clear above the tint.

How did everyone make their tint permanent?

steadypimpin

Reaction score
wow, I have to wait 2 weeks for that tint paint, I guess its very popular. I hope its worth it.

dynasty

Reaction score
i just painted my pinkish tail lights to red! whee! it looks nice! i'll take some pictures soon. but i prefer painting the tail lights in the outside because it'll get hot and it'll melt.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
isn't it illegal to have tinted reverse lens? but! do you have any pictures with the reverse OR the blinkers on? just curious of how it would turned out.

NoLightsOnEDIT.jpg

ReverseandTurnOnEDIT.jpg

i know it was a little dark out, but its not different from that at all during the day, maybe a little duller, but nothing that cant be seen......the light output that is, not the tint.

dynasty

Reaction score
wow. it looks brighter than i thought. seems brighter than mine. LOL. but you still haven't answer my question, is it illegal? ever got pulled over for it before?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, ive been pulled over for it before, BUT theirs no law in NJ against tinted blinkers or back up lights. like i said before, idk if it was in thie thread or another one, just as long as you can see red from like 300ft back, youre good. also, when i was pulled over for them, it was cuz my blinker "looked red", like wtf is wrong with that? it doesnt f*cking matter if it looks red, haha.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
they light up great for looking that dark sketch. I cant wait to do mine like that. Its gonna look sick, does anyone with a coupe here have tinted tails??? Pics if you do please.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
OK look what I got in the mail today!!! Anyone know how to take the taillights off of a coupe???

Back