Parts talk/parts review section

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, i know we have the tech forums. But on many of the dsm boards i've used since about 00-01 use this in addition. But these forums would be a bit more specific

Now "parts talk" would be questions on specific parts. Ie-are ebay intakes any good. Should i go with an apex i WS2 or a Greddy Evo. Things of that nature. Now, this isn't really necessary, as the tech boards are there, but sparks alot of interest.

On the other hand, "part reviews" is a great thing. This is where you review the good or bad of a part you bought. So you don't post unless you own it. You say what you have and why you like it, why you dislike it, everything you want to say. Example:

Eibach prokit

These springs are nice. The ride quality is great. I feel it's better than stock personally. I'm using the stock shocks and they seem to last, i can only image what they would feel like with better dampers. The drop could be lower, the front is still a bit high for my personal tastes. Especially since camber is adjustible in the front, these could easily be 1/4 in lower or more and still have similar camber to the rear.

That's just a basic idea. Usually it would be even more in depth. This creates a data base where people can search a specific part and get a detailed review, and others will agree, disagree, and give their thoughts. It makes the process of decision making easier as you have a real world review as well as agreement or disagreement laid out.

Just an idea.

-Matt

theaccordian

Reaction score
I dont really think we need a new section for this, this is what we basically do in the respective performance forums. in the engine forum, people start threads about their new engine mods, then they review and discuss it, likewise in the suspension form, some gets new coilovers or whatever then people discuss it, pros cons etc. theres not enough members for only memebers with that specific mod to comment on them, then each mod will have like 2 or 3 replies. we need more volume of members for this to work.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Well, especially with the "parts review" you get a sence of if it is right for you. These are not short comments, these are very in depth reviews. Something people would normally not do in a thread. You would talk about anything from ease of installation to performance, to fit and finish, etc. Obviously it's not for me to decide. But, i've found it very helpful on other forums that have these forums. And i think anyone would agree if they were here and people took the time to do it right.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Problem is, would you get enough reviews, good detailed reviews at that to justify it's own forum?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Who knows till it's there. I can promise you that i will do detailed reviews on every mod i do. And that's what i've done in the past on other boards. But, true, it only works if member are willing to take the time out to do it. It's really worthwhile though. I haven't seen any honda boards with this, hard to explain. It defienatly cuts down on clutter and commonly started topics.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Trust me I believe it's worth while too it's just hard to get people to participate without something in return you know. I would be more than happy to write reviews and actually I will be writting about 5 coming here in the next 2 weeks or so; Magnaflow exhaust, Rotora slotted front rotors, Rotora/Axxis front pads, Earl's stainless steel brake lines & G2 Caliper paint

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i think if we made a new forum, people would end up posting a lot in the wrong forums.

i'm not completely opposed to the idea - but why not just do the same thing you are talking about except in the respective forums that are already in place? after all there is a search button, and its there for a reason. then if someone wants to know they can just search.

dunno how I feel about this yet

theaccordian

Reaction score
or maybe we can just pm noobs that register abuut that button with the letters s-e-a-r-c-h on it so we dont get cluttered with "which is the best intake thread" 50 times a day and get things covered at one time.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
well think about it like this..if the review is worth reading it will get the same amount of attention in say general chat as it would in a reviews forum..the only benifit to having its own forum is organization. Down sides are the more sub-forums you have the more cluttered the forum looks and just that much more the staff has to maintain

theaccordian

Reaction score
I honestly think our modifications (engine, suspension forum) area is where reviews should go, all we have to do is make eveident the search function and it should work fine.

sorry for the hijjack but while we're on the subject of new forums, I still think we should have a member rides forum though, instead of just one thread that you have to search through, so everyone can have an individual thread showcasing their car, list info and modifications, recieve feedback, offer tips to others who want to do something similar. also when they have updates tehy can just updat their own thread ratehr than making a new thread for every mod. Also new memebers instead of creating a hi im a noob heres my car thread. they can just create their own members rides thread. Also i think we all agree it feels nice for our rides to be noticed and give attention.

also I think this can lead to some sort of ride of the month competition on this forum. with the way this site has been growing I think we'll have enough members in the near future.

Last edited:
Back