Pitch fork in my road.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If the body is sound, then swap the whole engine/tranny. It's a 4cyl you have right, so then you have some great engine/tranny swap options.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Guys :\
Okay my car is starting to creep closer and closer to the 300k mile mark. Its creeping the hell out of me. I dont know how much more life is left in engine since I drive the car in and out of hell. :lawl:

In the long run, is it better to do a 5spd swap on my existing pos? Or am I better off getting a lower mileage accord V6 and doing the 6 spd swap on that sucker?

I love the 6th gen too much :boink: Me thinks its sexay.

So I just want to have something that would be quicker, since the 4cyl autos are not even considered swift. :jae:

Opinions, questions, comments, and concerns?
I need some consultation with the board asap. :omghi2u:

rebuild the engine or do a swap with another engine and tranny that have lower miles.

you should also consider all other wear items that aren't changed out frequently like the bushings and motor mounts.

if cost of getting all that is going to make your car a money pit, then get rid of it for another 6th gen.

if even getting all that stuff fixed/replaced/maintained isn't an issue but the psychology of having a 300k mile car is making you go paranoid, get rid of the car anyways for another 6th gen.

dude... boost at 300k? :slap:

:henry:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Whats the problem here? I had a car with 374k before and it didnt smoke and only went through a half qrt of oil every 3,000 miles

Do a compression check for ur piston rings

Do a bearing check by testing ur oil pressure

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
If it were me I'd look into getting a lower-mileage vehicle

This. And get something different. The work you would need to do to ensure the car goes another 300k/mi is going to be more than the car is worth.

I say run it into the ground, then get something new.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
...you guys dont know how matt drives. that the car has made it even half this far is a testament to honda durability :lawl:

if i were in the market for another accord, id either just get a 5 speed straight away, or keep an eye out on CL (or especially autotrader) for a V6 with a bad trans but good everything else. harp on the fact that the trans is going to cost $1500 to replace to get the price down a little.

thats how i'd do the 6spd...instead of buying a $4-6k car with a good trans, just to rip it out, find a $2k car. cause the 6spd conversion is what...like 3 grand after its all said and done?

eggyhustles

Reaction score
...you guys dont know how matt drives. that the car has made it even half this far is a testament to honda durability :lawl:

if i were in the market for another accord, id either just get a 5 speed straight away, or keep an eye out on CL (or especially autotrader) for a V6 with a bad trans but good everything else. harp on the fact that the trans is going to cost $1500 to replace to get the price down a little.

thats how i'd do the 6spd...instead of buying a $4-6k car with a good trans, just to rip it out, find a $2k car. cause the 6spd conversion is what...like 3 grand after its all said and done?

Cost me around 4500 to replace the trans in TL

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
What's your budget? The v6/6mt swap would be ideal, but most people don't want the headache of swapping the v6 into a previously i4 accord.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
This. And get something different. The work you would need to do to ensure the car goes another 300k/mi is going to be more than the car is worth.

I say run it into the ground, then get something new.
i Agree with this

What's your budget? The v6/6mt swap would be ideal, but most people don't want the headache of swapping the v6 into a previously i4 accord.

and really didnt knw this but makes sense

Then again lower mileage i4 with 5speed and a 7psi boost imo is better than a v6

Back