Replacing Wheel Studs

PEPSI411

Reaction score
tried to do this on my own today but didnt have a big nuff socket for that dam hub..so took to a shop to do it but they told me to come back tomorow cuz they have to take it to a machine shop to get the hub off...does anybody no any better cuz i sure dont lol

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Isn't it just a 34mm nut? Sometimes you have to unstake it but that really it as far as I know.

Getting a Haynes manual is a reallt good idea BTW

PEPSI411

Reaction score
Isn't it just a 34mm nut? Sometimes you have to unstake it but that really it as far as I know.

Getting a Haynes manual is a reallt good idea BTW

yes i no been meaning to get around to buying 1 but sometimes not having the right tools discourages me...

PEPSI411

Reaction score
well on that note im lookin on ebay now..are they universal? like one book for coupe/sedan i4/v6?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i actually did this once without undoing the big nut....i just twisted the hub until it had the free space behind it(i think towards the front) and replaced them one by one....it still was really tight...but it did work...

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
remove the wheel, remove the brake rotor. hit the studs with some PB blaster or WD40. Bang them out with a rubber mallet, or use a C-Clamp or whatever you want. Hammer the new ones in enough to get some threads through and pull them the rest of the way into the hub by tightening some nuts on.

PEPSI411

Reaction score
i actually did this once without undoing the big nut....i just twisted the hub until it had the free space behind it(i think towards the front) and replaced them one by one....it still was really tight...but it did work...

remove the wheel, remove the brake rotor. hit the studs with some PB blaster or WD40. Bang them out with a rubber mallet, or use a C-Clamp or whatever you want. Hammer the new ones in enough to get some threads through and pull them the rest of the way into the hub by tightening some nuts on.

yea got up to all that then when i tried to bang that s*** out it got stuck on w.e is behind it..srry not good with part names..that would work no problem on the rear since there is no axle but the front was a lost cause for me

Back