Replacing Wheel Studs

PEPSI411

Reaction score
yea the rear one is just the caliper but for the front its just as explained ^^..i paid a meachanic to do it lol

thanx alot for the info tho guys

PEPSI411

Reaction score
they robbed me for a complete 180 including all 10 wheel studs and 10 lug nuts

[email protected].

Reaction score
Meximan16 is right; grind away part of the splash guard, and grind down a flat spot on the flange of the new stud. By taking off part of the flange, it'll go in straighter and the threads don't get messed up. Did one a month ago, studs are $2 at Autozone.

scrapnav6

Reaction score
first off the axle nut is a 36mm...let me tell u this is alot of work and headach and ur looking at spending about couple hundred to do this i just finished doing mine..first u gotta take the caliper,rotor off.next take the whole knuckle assembly off ur gonna have to get the spindle pressed out of the hub about 30 bucks each side to press it out then ur gonna have to buy new hub bearings 85$ each from honda because there gonna break no matter wut.. u "cannot" get the studs out without taking the spindle out from the hub this is somewut of a project..good luck i would recomend changing out all ur ball joints well the car is down..

I just tried to do this in my driveway with my friend since two pm till about nine. the only thing I got accomplished was getting the front studs out(not caring how they looked after obviously). It is possible to "wack the stud in" but then your studs are fuhked and your back to square one. So basically getting the studs out is all that can be done without a press, period. Hopefully my road side assistance free towing can be used from my driveway because I plan on getting it towed tomorrow morning to a shop. It could be possible that only my particular model has this problem(2002 ex v6 4door), in my haynes manual it dosnt really specify between the different ones. basically only drum and disc brakes. so the quote above is 100% true imo. I hope this helps my fellow 6gaers.

the end

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
so pepsi, now that you know how to do the rear. you can do mine with no problem right? haha.:deal:

EDIT: wow didn't notice the date...but yea you can still help with my rear stud =]

ILoveMyCG

Reaction score
wow i need to replace one stud on each of my axles but i've been driving it like this for some while now. The last time I took it to a shop to get it done they charged 30$ to replace one stud. I dont know if I should try this myself...

scrapnav6

Reaction score
wow i need to replace one stud on each of my axles but i've been driving it like this for some while now. The last time I took it to a shop to get it done they charged 30$ to replace one stud. I dont know if I should try this myself...

if there on the rear its easier to do. the front is the issue. i was missing 2 on the left and one on the right front for awhile, till i gave it a shot

Back