Replacing Wheel Studs

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yea the rear is cake.....on the front the steering knuckle that encases the axle gets in the way....you can make them fit...but...it will mess up your threads

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
remove the wheel, remove the brake rotor. hit the studs with some PB blaster or WD40. Bang them out with a rubber mallet, or use a C-Clamp or whatever you want. Hammer the new ones in enough to get some threads through and pull them the rest of the way into the hub by tightening some nuts on.

easiest and quickest way.

+1 for you.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I haven't done it on a 6th gen but if you don't have to take off the hub, it is a whole lot easier. Not just in not having to remove the hub, it is usually easier to actually replace the studs this way as well.

ilovevtec951

Reaction score
no need to take off hub just like the guy said take off rotor bang the old one out put new one in and tighten lug nut till stud goes in all the way

meximan16

Reaction score
it's really simple, i've done it a couple times. like they said just rotor off and hammer out. i did have to cut off part of the guard thing in back of the rotor, and grind a side off the head of the stud. but its really easy. then pop the new one(grinded down if the heads are as big as mine are) and put some washers and tighten the lugs

JOEYSACCORD

Reaction score
first off the axle nut is a 36mm...let me tell u this is alot of work and headach and ur looking at spending about couple hundred to do this i just finished doing mine..first u gotta take the caliper,rotor off.next take the whole knuckle assembly off ur gonna have to get the spindle pressed out of the hub about 30 bucks each side to press it out then ur gonna have to buy new hub bearings 85$ each from honda because there gonna break no matter wut.. u "cannot" get the studs out without taking the spindle out from the hub this is somewut of a project..good luck i would recomend changing out all ur ball joints well the car is down..

meximan16

Reaction score
first off the axle nut is a 36mm...let me tell u this is alot of work and headach and ur looking at spending about couple hundred to do this i just finished doing mine..first u gotta take the caliper,rotor off.next take the whole knuckle assembly off ur gonna have to get the spindle pressed out of the hub about 30 bucks each side to press it out then ur gonna have to buy new hub bearings 85$ each from honda because there gonna break no matter wut.. u "cannot" get the studs out without taking the spindle out from the hub this is somewut of a project..good luck i would recomend changing out all ur ball joints well the car is down..

you don't need to take the whole hub off just the caliper, it's alot easier and your don't need to buy bearings

Back