RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: RedRyder's 6MT 3.2L '99 EXV6 Coupe *UPDATED 5/13/11 NEW PICS*

I'm so jelly of your car. :sad: I wants teh 6 speed.

I can never buy another auto again. I have been meaning to get some videos but I don't have a rig in my car to hold a camera for some 0-60 runs or anything. Haven't figured that out yet.

Do you think you'd have to if you were lower? Im a little bit lower than you and can't decide between 17x7.5 +25 or 18x8.5 +25 and don't really feel like rolling my fenders...

If I was lower, possibly. I do have 5mm spacers in the rear though, and I'm running a 225 tire on them, if I removed the spacer it might clear. If you went with a 215 on an 8" rim with no spacers, you might be able to get away with it. But if you go with an 8.5" wide rim...you'll probably rub. But a 7.5" wide rim will look kinda sunk tbh.

If you want, we can put one of my A-Specs on your sedan and try to figure it out. Though not sure how much help that will be due to the offset.

Im not sure how I feel about that shifter plate. Maybe cuz it looks out of place or that it covers the old area in a weird way. IDK. Car still looks good though.

Yeah that shifter plate thing look like it's too big, lol. It's covering part of the (I'm assuming it's for pens....) slot on the side.

Yeah it covers part of the pen holder divit, but I never use it so it doesn't bother me. I am going to paint it black since I don't have any other silver in my interior, than it will at least match.

The CL-S either has a wider console or no pen holder in that area.

Good looking ride :thumbsup: Great looking pics too!!

Thanks. :)

Bax

Reaction score

I can never buy another auto again. I have been meaning to get some videos but I don't have a rig in my car to hold a camera for some 0-60 runs or anything. Haven't figured that out yet.

Just put the camera around your neck like a necklace and go. :lawl:

Yeah it covers part of the pen holder divit, but I never use it so it doesn't bother me. I am going to paint it black since I don't have any other silver in my interior, than it will at least match.

The CL-S either has a wider console or no pen holder in that area.
Would you consider trimming it and sanding it down to fit better before painting it?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Just put the camera around your neck like a necklace and go. :lawl:

Would you consider trimming it and sanding it down to fit better before painting it?

I thought of that, but it would still be too low - when I've seen other people's vids, I like that you can see both the gauge cluster and the road. I actually tried holding it between my chin and the collar on my jacket once, but still too low. Maybe I could duct tape it to a hat. :lawl:

Meh, I'd have to trim probably 1/4" on the right side to get it away from the divit. But then I'd want to trim the left side too so they're symmetrical. I dunno, not sure if it's worth it or not.

I changed your name. lololol

SykVSyx

Reaction score

You know, I was thinking about it yesterday, I am looking forward to doing the comparison of a 6spd + J30, 6spd + J32 and auto + J35.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Meh, I'd have to trim probably 1/4" on the right side to get it away from the divit. But then I'd want to trim the left side too so they're symmetrical. I dunno, not sure if it's worth it or not.

Okay so just checked this out on my lunch break, it can't be trimmed to make the holder useable, you would have to cut out like 1/2" of the bezel which is essentially the whole thing, so no go. But I don't really think about it, so I'm going to paint it black and be done with it.

You know, I was thinking about it yesterday, I am looking forward to doing the comparison of a 6spd + J30, 6spd + J32 and auto + J35.

I thought you were going from your stock motor/trans to the Oddy auto tranny and J35?

SykVSyx

Reaction score

I thought you would have figured it out, but perhaps you have been busy today.......:coffee:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

haha. I am busy on 6GA... :lawl:

I hope everything next summer works out. My cousin is getting married, taking a week beach vacation, possibly attending IA, possibly CanAm depending on location, and our trip to Nashville. Then my brother and his gf are getting engaged around Christmas, and as they are both in their mid 30's, may not waste any time and wed in the summer.

I hope nothing overlaps, I don't want to miss any of those.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

That sounds like a great year!

We have some vacay plans as well starting hopefully in Jan, and then of course the cruise events that I would like to attend also.

Back