Slowrider87's 2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX (56k, sorry, will have lots of pics)

slowrider87

Reaction score
it was brought to my attention that i haven't updated my thread in a long time... here it goes. I'm just copying and pasting from my ride thread on another forum... so let the pics do most of the talking...

June 3rd 2011
sorry i forgot to post what was actually in the box. I'm sure many have figured it out already though from the ROTM thread.

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

New lip
It's called "JP style" whatever the fukc that means. got tired of the last one.

The fitment isn't perfect around the middle. but it's designed for the 01-02 bumper. and as we all know, mine is not.

Sept 7th 2011

a little progress update... as some of you may remember i've been "working" on a retrofit. and by working i mean i cut the hole through the reflectors for the projectors then put it on my desk and haven't touched it since.... well i got a tad bit more done... they actually look like they are coming together finally..

IMAG0287.jpg

IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

not much. the yellow stuff is sticky tack so when it stops raining i can aim them and get them aligned. chose to use that so i could move the projectors, but they wont move themselves while drilling holes to mount them (for those who have done this, you know what i mean.

Sept 7th 2011
lol. there's been a few other updates. just so trivial i haven't cared to share. like new head unit, color matched the new lip and eyelids finally.

Sept 13th 2011

put a little work in today... kinda gave the front end a little TLC, i drive so much it had taken a beating. still wish the bumpers paint wasn't so weathered.
oh well... heres some visuals... (forgive the quality. i don't own a good camera)

the problems...
horrible lighting
IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0300.jpg

the fix
IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

Discovered what was clunking around the passenger side. the bracket broke. glad it's water proof, because it was full!
IMAG0295.jpg

IMAG0296.jpg

So i relocated it to the lower valance directly in the front to the right (passenger) side of the licence plate that isn't on in these pics.

Testing and aligning retro's. they won't be perfect but there wasn't much i could do in the way of getting it so. plus i stupidly did it in daylight so i couldn't get any pics of the cutoff. i think i'll redo it at night before any drilling. so i can actually see everything and make sure it's right.
IMAG0297.jpg

the black H hasn't been doing it for me. too much black. So i stripped it back to stock.
i also did a little DIY grill, nothing crazy, but i cut out all of the plastic around the H and above it. sanded it down. and painted it to match (i don't get why honda left them the nasty gray it was).
IMAG0304.jpg

The Finished Product for today...
IMAG0303.jpg

In the end it looks the same in pics. but when i stand in front and look at it. i'm way happier than i was yesterday. it looks way cleaner.

Sept 19th 2011

Another Small Update wit a HUGE performance payout...

IMAG0314.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0310.jpg

UltraRacing Produced a 4-point Lower Chassis Brace for the 6th gens (obviously pictured above). i'm not sure what other models they make parts for, but they have all kinds of quality chassis reinforcement parts.

this literally took 15 minutes to install. that includes the time to jack the car up set the stands and let my air compressor run to charge it up. Best part is you don't have to buy any extra hardware you can use the stock bolts.

The Difference. well, let me put it like this, the 25 mph "S" turn by my house that i usually can do about 35-40 before the body roll becomes uncomfortable... after a few "getting a feel for it" passes, the last run after exiting the turn i saw my speedometer just over 50. the car wasn't rolling, the body could have done more, but i knew my tires wouldn't. The handling improvement is stupid crazy. feels so much more planted on the road.

Oct 14th 2011

So i tried some speedbumps... Definitely a no go with that brace. made it over a couple no problems. but too many to take the risk.

Last night made me happy that i have a poly front lip. Pulled into a parking spot at CVS i saw the curb from the angle i pulled in at, but the minivan next to me blocked my view of the parking block. right side hit, and bent completely underneath the car. got out to make sure i could get off. backed up ***** poped right back on. destroyed the paint. but fu*k it. the lip is find. Win

And since the server crashed i need to re-update my thread so don't mind the pics you've all seen before.
IMAG0327.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0321.jpg

IMAG0320.jpg

Rays Vr-x10's
17x8 up front w/ 215/45/r17
17x9 in rear w/ 225/45/r17
+37 all around

Feb 28th 2012
Doing some work...
Rear lip and tail lights needed to be redone
IMAG0522.jpg

the lip is done, I did it yesterday.
IMAG0523.jpg

was getting paint stuff and decided fukc it... why not.
IMAG0520.jpg

also got blue anodized look can. thinking about spraying the hardware on my wheels shiny blue. it'd be different.

speaking of blue, i finally actually put my rear camber kits on a couple weeks ago.
IMAG0521.jpg

not much, but i feel noones posted may updates lately... i'll edit with completion pics when i'm done.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Nice update it was definitely interesting.
Your wheels are nice! but I think they would look 10x better polished and dropped another inch:thumbup:
Is the rear lip the bayson r rep? and how did you fix your fogs just in case I have a problem like that in the future?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol wow damn! that was a nice read i'll tell you that! very nice improvements and goodies you bought there. i guess the brace is my next item to buy. :lawl:

slowrider87

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I've got more goodies in the making. No its not the bayson r rep rear or sides. They are the lipkits.com reps. I'm interested to see if the bayson r's are a better fit. The fogs, I bought a new set, switched the lamps. New into old housings. All tbd extra wiring, bulbs, and brakets are a perk.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i love those wheels. what sucks is this car is exactly what i want my car to be and i can save the money haha. guess it will have to be my next car i put money into.

and where did you get the fog light lenses? one of mine is cracked and a piece is missing

KickPush_

Reaction score
I really need help with the rear camber kits instalation. I couldn't find a way to get a wrench back on the last bolt. There was no room to torque the wrench! Help please

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Back