The "DOES IT FIT?(parts)" Thread

98CG5

Reaction score
Im sure this has been asked over and over. Can I use the Bayson R lip on my sedan without swapping bumpers?

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score
OK I did search and found my answer but I have another question. What is the gap y'all are talking about with the coupe hood on the sedan? I would think there would be no gap because the sedan already comes with a grille via being molded onto the bumper. I ask this because I found a coupe carbon fiber hood $100 cheaper than the sedan.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There is a gap because the sedan hood is shorter than the Coupe hood.

When you swap the 01-02 Coupe bumper, the top of the grill sits lower than the sedan, so the combo of the lower grill/shorter hood, results in a gap.

If you don't have the Coupe bumper support, the grill area of the bumper will sag a bit at the top.

There are plenty of pics of it on here.

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score
There is a gap because the sedan hood is shorter than the Coupe hood.

When you swap the 01-02 Coupe bumper, the top of the grill sits lower than the sedan, so the combo of the lower grill/shorter hood, results in a gap.

If you don't have the Coupe bumper support, the grill area of the bumper will sag a bit at the top.

There are plenty of pics of it on here.

Thank you! That sucks! Looks like I gotta shell out the extra $100.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your not 2hrs away more like 30mins I was just in Akron to pick up an air tank. I'm there often and my dad is the service manager at the Honda store here.

Talking to him or me and if me what you mean?

Who's your dad?

The bumper support is only like $40

Back