threw code P0420 bad cat

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
code 22 VTEC Malfunction.

Update: checked oil again. it was at the bottom mark. added some to bring it inbetween the marks. THANK GOD. VTEC engages correctly, and no more CEL :D now i just gotta get my cat delt with :p

xmsleepr

Reaction score
bump for updates im having the same problem CEL came on 2 days after installing test pipe

finch13

Reaction score
bump for updates im having the same problem CEL came on 2 days after installing test pipe

Of course you're going to get the code if you removed the cat. You need to use the defouler/non-fouler trick. There should be a DIY on here by blacknight or myself or google it, 8thcivic.com has a good DIY as well.

TACORICAN

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my CAT. Eventually I gutted mine out and later bought a used one. The used one gave me the CEL so I'm thinking about doing the De-fouler mod. Should i keep the damaged Cat in the car or replace it with the gutted version?

Millz

Reaction score
my cat sounds like im blending kittens inside it... needless to say im changing it next week

found an aftermarket CAT that bolts on directly & has all the necessary filanges bla bla bla

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my CAT. Eventually I gutted mine out and later bought a used one. The used one gave me the CEL so I'm thinking about doing the De-fouler mod. Should i keep the damaged Cat in the car or replace it with the gutted version?

remove the cat, gut it yourself and definitely do the defouler mod ... i drove with my cel on for about a year, i finally did it ... it really works, i should have done it a long time ago :run:

Back