transmission

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, how much would a f23 manual tranny swap from an auto cost? im just curious cuz just incase mine ever decides to start going out, i would just swap a manual in since id rather have that anyway, haha. besides the mannys only have 15% drivetrain loss:D

hotaccord243

Reaction score
just to throw this in there, that there is currently a law suit again honda of america for the accord auto trannies going bad, if it is won, everyone will get new tranny's and possibly $ compensation for troubles,
http://www.theaccordforums.com/showthread.php?t=429

it is specifically for v6 and i think 4cyl too, check it out and search for it maybe you could get a free tranny!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
haha, i dont think id want another failing auto tranny........like i said, manual, haha, i can go faster, cuz 1 ). its lighter, and 2). its got less drivetrain loss:D, hahaha, so i can get an extra MPH or so top speed, haha.

Sonnick

Reaction score
do the 5spd swap....cant go wrong. its so much fun. if you can install the h22 yourself, do that instead of just getting another auto tranny. blkcurrant said $1800, its around 2300 for an h22 complete swap... :rolleyes:

acrod99

Reaction score
Sonnick said:
do the 5spd swap....cant go wrong. its so much fun. if you can install the h22 yourself, do that instead of just getting another auto tranny. blkcurrant said $1800, its around 2300 for an h22 complete swap... :rolleyes:
$2300 for engine alone?

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
lol, guys not everyone wants a manual tranny...

if it's going, don't go to a dealership. they will charge you out the *** for a new tranny. when my tranny in my truck went, my dad insisted on taking it to a ford dealership, which ended up being around $3300. we could have had it rebuilt for around 2k or gotten one from the local junk yard with a 3000 mile / 30 day warranty for $600, with around 30-40k miles.

my dad insisted on ford because we were moving, and he wanted a nationwide warranty. to this day i still think it was a dumb decision. you should definitely call up some junk yards and see what they have available (ask for mileage/price)

Sonnick

Reaction score
NO lol $2300 for everything. complete swap. where they get you is the labor....those f****rs :mad:

yea true not everyone wants a manual tranny...what has this world come to? lol jus playin

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
$2300 for everything, then whatever parts are broken or need replaced, and install if you can't do it yourself. So closer to $3K or more and the only reason mine was so much is b/c the 2nd&3rd gear clutches and bands were gone, plus new TQ Converter. If I could've swapped for a manual I would've, but it was Feburary of last year and I needed the car back ASAP so I could get to work/school. Ideally, I only should've paid $900. The rest was all labor.

Back