transmission

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i dont wanna do an engine swap.......i wanna keep my f23, but i just wanna get a manual transmission for it when the time comes.

ccordpower

Reaction score
My tranny thumps out of Park when I shift into reverse, and once in a while, it thumps after mild acceleration. I found out it's the "U" bolts/ mounts, but my parents don't know that... :D
I'm hoping for a 2003 Acura Cl 6 speed, but I know it will cost a bunch.

k07m0

Reaction score
How often do you change the oil? Every 7k like the book says, or every 3750?

Twobit

Reaction score
Neight said:
man,sorry to hear that. The tranny cost about 4,000 for a new one. Mine went out in August, and I took it to a tranny shop. I had mine rebuilt for 2,300. it isn't gonna be cheap. You can tell when the tranny is going out when you car jolts every time you shift. you can feel it. What year is your car? 98?

damn, perfect description of my car :-( 111k miles and tranny goes, whats wrong with the 6th gen tranny line up, it's pitiful

but this brings me to my next point, take it to a shop, let my dad flip on the price, tell him about a swap, get it, take it to my friend hans who has done about 5 or 6 swaps, and call it a day...or 2 or 3 :D

Last edited:

Muyo

Reaction score
Twobit said:
whats wrong with the 6th gen tranny line up, it's pitiful

Honda decided to manufacture all of then in USA thats whats wrong with them. Quality went down drasticlly. I'm never buying automatic Honda ever again.

Muyo

Reaction score
Twobit said:
I emailed them checking availability and also is a h22a a direct bolt in on a 6th gen?

yes

Twobit

Reaction score
Muyo said:
Killer, definetly going to consider this and tell my dad bout it, hopefully my friend'll help me swap it in!!! HELLS YEAH FOR JDM

Back