transmission

01accorddx

Reaction score
Yea thas a pretty good price.. so gonna be the first 1 in this forum to swap it in...ima start on my swap hopefully by the end of this month... i will post it up.

Twobit

Reaction score
nice, keep everyone posted, I hope to start it soon too, gota ask my bud hans to help me out with it because he's done a couple swaps himself including a ITR swapped EK and a bunch of other stuff...but for now, time for florida for 10 days, i'll get some killer pics for all you photographer wannabes such as myself :)

allicedout

Reaction score
Quoted from honda-tech. at least you know what wrong with your tranny.

a. Differential bearing failure- usually indicated by the axle seals leaking
b. 2nd gear clutch pack failure- usually indicated by lack of second gear, excessive slipping in other gears, car redlines before shifting, delayed shifting (car hold current gear way longer than it should.

Honda states that the failure rate is somewhere around 2% but in reality it is most likely more like 5-8%

The problems with the 6th gen trannies is twofold:

a. Differental bearings were made from substandard parts
b. 2nd gear clutch pack does not receive proper lubrication

To fix them you really have only 2 choices, rebuild or replace transmission. There is a company out there that has a 6th gen that they guarantee will handle 500 crank HP and will easily outlast the Honda one. Just search on Dr Evil and you will find what you are looking for. Current price on DR Evil trans is $4000 (transmission only) + refundable $500 core.

Back