USDM Accord Type R "ode to ATR" 56K warning

Which Engine would you choose given unlimited funds?

• Total voters
Reaction score
No hard feelings, expected 100 percent to be flamed for the interior. And its is in now way a finished product. I did find it comical that for every 5 negative there was like one positive comment, some people do take time and think before they post. Also I found it amazing that every negative comment was nearly identical to the previous. "too many stickers, interior looks terrible" I wonder how many people actually counted the number of stickers and how many just **** rode the last guy's comment. Its one thing to flame a guy for his ride and give advice on what you would do to fix it...that's constructive, on the other hand....WTF? I swear some people commented just to see a reaction from the next guy or to see who's post was harsher. Me, I am thick skinned. I've driven the 89 prelude with the winking head light and got hazed for it so most of the comments I actually laughed. The others, well lets say a thin skinned person may have taken the ride off and not be seen again. I mean if I am wrong about why the forum is here please correct me, but I'd swear this was for people who did something to there car, wanted to share it, and if you liked it you liked it if you didn't...you just didn't...or you gave a helpful suggestion. Not speaking for me personally because clearly I am not concerned, been a member since 09 and saw other members get flamed for...unique taste so already expected the "type R and sticker police" to jump on me. if anything this was to see a bandwagon in action. I almost died laughing when comment #24 almightyfargoth saw the same thing I saw...same empty comments under the guise of "constructive criticism". and even after that, they still rehashed the first 23 comments. :lawl: I am good. You guys provided me with 30 minutes of laughter...and before the hard core posters reply in an effort to try and justify the hazing of the new guy who put a bootleg ATR with homemade door wraps, why? you felt the way you felt, you said what you said, how ever funny or negative it was. no need to go into detail about your hate for stickers, etc. not once did I try to justify the badges stickers or paint. It is what it is. Just wasn't expecting this much attention on a weekend though. I think I'll send the first 12 post one my 34 type r fridge magnets. :henry: Oh I forgot to tell you I am crazy. Thanks for the ideas though.

Mikey

Reaction score
Showed this to my gf and she said this exact thing, "I'm not even a car person and this looks like crap. He messed up a perfectly good car." I have to say I concur.

Now that we got that out of the way, let's go over a few things. There is no such thing as a "USDM ATR". We never got one. Not even canada got one. So your only options are the UKDM and JDM versions. For those, we look here...

The Honda Accord Type-R (ATR) was produced from 1998 to 2003 using the CH1 Accord chassis and sold in UK/EU markets, the JDM Accord Euro-R uses the CL1 chassis, Using a naturally aspirated 2.2-litre four-cylinder DOHC H22A "Red Top" VTEC motor which produces 220*bhp (220ps)and the EDM was (212ps) @ 7,200 rpm and 164*lb·ft (222*N·m) @ 6,700 rpm. The Type-R Accord model is differentiated by a number of sporting features including, but not limited to, stiffer suspension and chassis, Torsen limited-slip-differential, twin-piston brakes, dual exhaust system, 17-inch alloy wheels, Xenon headlights, Recaro seats and a leather-trimmed Momo steering wheel. As an option, there was a distinctive tall and functional rear spoiler wing that most costumers opted for

So to answer your poll question; H22. But that's if you wanna go Type-R replica. Because, lets face it, no matter what that's all it will be, a replica. Now if money weren't an option, I'd go F20B.

Now since we never got the ATR, it's hard to say what it would've looked like but going off the above list, I'm assuming it would've been 5-lug. It's also got dual exhaust, xenon headlights, and a slew of interior parts.

As has been said, your heart is in the right place, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but your execution isnt the best. Look around the site. There are TONS of clean, well-executed Accords and they're just plain old USDM accords. Redo the interior, remove the badges, reconsider your painted engine bay pieces, and get the proper hood to complete your coupe conversion.

We're not trying to be mean. Well, most of us anyway. But you have to realize, the ATR is like the Mona Lisa of the Accord world. You came in and said you painted an identical version. Only what you showed us looked like an 6-year old painted it. Like I said, we're not trying to be mean, but we're kinda sorta professionals, lol. Take our criticism in stride. We won't steer you wrong. But also, do you. It's your car, your style. Build what you want.

Now, as for this...
I'm assuming this is a joke. Simply because that looks like a 4 door accord with a coupe bumper.
Another noob. Coupe conversions can be, and have been, done. Search around.

at first I was like :boink:

then I was like :puke:

and then I was like :henry:
I agree. At first I was psyched but then horrified by what followed. I like where his mind is though. The few members who have converted have been Euro R, and not really a "USDM ATR". It's a good idea and it's refreshing tl see someone wanting to try it.

Last edited:

ponglynn777

Reaction score
type R maniac on the loose! dont be so wanna be. well if money doesnt concern here. i go h22a euroR or h22a bb6 prelude typeS...but pls re-do your interior. good luck

that dashboard is killing you!!not killing it!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Mikey. That is what I expected from Constructive criticism! by no means is it personal... actually laughed at the comments...before they started repeating...It is what it is. I am not a six year old...but not a professional either. so its cool. just needed a direction to steer in. already got some good ideas to correct the look, remove badges, flat black interior, Racing seats...well, we'll get back to. This is why I came here, for direction. and relax, I didn't ruin a car....the 6 year old used plasti dip...comes right off...and wow Elemer's glue?:rofl: like said, this was funny thread. I do apologize for misleading the members, I wasn't thinking anybody was going to actually wikipedia a Type R accord just to post stuff most accord owners already know. Again I apologize, to the senior members for this thread getting out of hand. You do have some members that give advice and others...well it is what it is. :bowdown:

Back