Walkin' In Memphis : Fall Meet 2013

SykVSyx

Reaction score
6hrs 45min.

714km

SO....my plan was to leave at 3am, which would have me there around 10am. We still have another 6-7 hours of driving to do, so forgive me if I need to stretch a bit by the time I get to you all in OH.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Takes about 2 hours to get to L-ville from Cinci, so we'll aim to get to the mall around 1:30. Does that work?

Derek, to meet them at 1:30ish, we would need to leave Ikea by 11:30. But if you get there earlier (like around 10 as you mentioned), there is a Bob Evans close by we could grab breakfast at if interested. And how low will your car be btw? I-75 has a lot of construction right now and it may be worth the jog over to I-71 and then head south.

EDIT: I just realized the L-ville meeting location will cause us to backtrack a bit, is there anywhere we could meet off of I-65 south of I-264?

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Takes about 2 hours to get to L-ville from Cinci, so we'll aim to get to the mall around 1:30. Does that work?

Derek, to meet them at 1:30ish, we would need to leave Ikea by 11:30. But if you get there earlier (like around 10 as you mentioned), there is a Bob Evans close by we could grab breakfast at if interested. And how low will your car be btw? I-75 has a lot of construction right now and it may be worth the jog over to I-71 and then head south.

EDIT: I just realized the L-ville meeting location will cause us to backtrack a bit, is there anywhere we could meet off of I-65 south of I-264?

Yes, 1:30 works. And in regards to the caravan location, yes you can easily meet us at a nice location. Waterfront Park would be ideal here, if possible because of the construction here as well. I will let you know with a definite answer tomorrow. Hopefully the TL wheels will have rubber then, if not sooner. This car isn't having much of me recently, lol.

Also, I am very seriously thinking of buying wheel locks before this meet after what happened today. Any good recommendations?

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Mikey, what's your story?
My days off used to be Sunday and Monday, requiring a Friday AND Saturday off for this meet. Well, my days off have been moved to Thursday and Friday, now requiring Saturday off for sure, possibly Sunday as well. I haven't asked for the days off, which I suppose I could do. I won't know if I have the days off until some time towards the beginning of November, when the new schedule is being made.

TL;DR: Days off changed, have been told getting weekends off is impossible, haven't ACTUALLY asked for the days off yet due to the former statements.

Memphis is a 6hr, 400 mile trip for me. That's 2-3 tanks of gas plus hotel. Not much but 'Ive been so down about the fact that I probably cant go that I haven't even bothered looking into hotels.

Not to mention, Im not yet sure what route the TX convo is taking. If it's through AR, and Fort Smith, I could meet with them there, otherwise, I'm trippin' solo.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
358syp.jpg

:lawl:

Sorry that getting time off is difficult, but hope the new job is good otherwise. I’ll move you to ‘on the fence’ for now, you can let me know if anything changes.

Okay so final count is 13?

Was that C-span guy going?

Mikey

Reaction score
:squintfinger:

I've been a maybe since day one. I've put in for the time off so now I play the waiting game.

Someone clue me in on how the hotels are working. You "booked" 20 rooms but we still have to call and reserve a room with the code or whatever in the OP...?

How many booty calls do you have in the month of November?
Looking for some...fun while in Memphis? ;-)

Back