What'd you do to your accord today?

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
my brake lamp light has been on for almost 4 years, CEL for 1.5 or so, and maint req for a while too :lawl:

i bought a new 6' section of brake line and all of the required tools and such to replace my brake line...only been 7 months. also, last night, in a fit of being drunk and just having shot a lot of guns, i decided it would be fun to let my friends spray plasti dip on my car, and windows...and i rhino lined my emblem by just spraying it. my car is a hot mess right now :lawl:

noelaorozco

Reaction score
So my brake lamp light is on but my bulbs are fine, I believe it's a sensor that's throwing it off because the lights will turn on 1 out of 50 brakes.

Any one care to enlighten me on the sensor? I remember reading it was tricky but I can't see to find it again, is it behind the brake pedal or in the rear by the actual lights?

CokeZero

Reaction score
I put some aftermarket tail light housings on and the holes are a tad too small to accept the oem bulbs :Boo:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Changed the oil and sprayed the salt off my suspension. I've got a slow leak somewhere, the bottom of the trans case is damp, but so are some of the things above it like a few hoses, lines, etc. But having a hard time identifying the fluid that's being leaked because the layer on the trans case is so thin (b/c the leak is so slow), and with all the road dirt/grime that mixes in, I can't smell what it is. There's never any drops on the ground under the car. It drives fine and I never smell anything while driving.

My brake fluid reservoir is pretty full, going to pump out some of that...maybe it's over flowing?

i bought a new 6' section of brake line and all of the required tools and such to replace my brake line...only been 7 months. also, last night, in a fit of being drunk and just having shot a lot of guns, i decided it would be fun to let my friends spray plasti dip on my car, and windows...and i rhino lined my emblem by just spraying it. my car is a hot mess right now :lawl:

Have fun scraping that off haha. Forgot you still had the Accord.

So my brake lamp light is on but my bulbs are fine, I believe it's a sensor that's throwing it off because the lights will turn on 1 out of 50 brakes.

Any one care to enlighten me on the sensor? I remember reading it was tricky but I can't see to find it again, is it behind the brake pedal or in the rear by the actual lights?

Brake position switch is behind the pedal. Brakelight failure sensor is in the trunk, I think...double check that in case I'm wrong.

I put some aftermarket tail light housings on and the holes are a tad too small to accept the oem bulbs :Boo:

Sucks, how do you mess that up...oh yea, poor quality control. Which ones did you get? If you want red/clears I'd get DEPO's.

Last edited:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
:lawl: i peeled it off the headlights mostly, and got some off the back window. i dont care about the other ****, because i dont care about this car :lawl:

CarbedUp

Reaction score
Attempting to put this $700 rebuilt BAXA tranny into the Accord. The sky darkened 2 hours later. This job will be put off til next weekend when I have time. The original tranny croaked at 295k miles. Not bad for a car that has been abused and not well-maintained.

Gdla5X6.jpg

New torque converter compared to the old one

42Q0Xc8.jpg

Last edited:

DizzyP

Reaction score
Pulled out the instrument cluster to add bulbs for low wiper fluid and Parking light indicator lights (like the Canadian version), also indicator when rad fluid reservoir is low.

Just something to keep me busy.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Went to wash my car today. I hate black paint. I'm going to need to get it resprayed sometime soon. When the weather gets better. Here's some funny pictures I took

image1_zpsd553851a.jpg

image2_zps8f5669ca.jpg

Back