What'd you do to your accord today?

hondachik

Reaction score
Lol. I doubt it. I had the 20" off for about a month, and just put them back on maybe 2 weeks ago (minus one rim since it needs a new tire). But anywho, car isn't accelerating like it used to. I need something that gives me immediate take off power!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Lol. I doubt it. I had the 20" off for about a month, and just put them back on maybe 2 weeks ago (minus one rim since it needs a new tire). But anywho, car isn't accelerating like it used to. I need something that gives me immediate take off power!

Immediate take off power + Honda Accord = Oxymoron.

Drift

Reaction score

It takes a lot of power to spin big heavy wheels. Its called reciprocating mass. It also severely effects the over all handling of the car with the increased un-sprung weight.

My car is much quicker with the 15" snow tires on it than the 17" super sticky summer tires.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
welll...i tried to put my new moog endlinks and my Progress TL sway bar on...the OEM endlinks need the allen key and a wrench to take off...
so tell me how does the allen key hole..strip..:furious:

now i gotta cut the damn bolt...could've been on today but noooooooooooo bolt had to strip! :mad:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
So...no need to keep looking at a v6 Accord then?

Not necessarily, you could do a 6spd swap, which a few member's have done, and have stated that it has resulted in improvement.

Of course doing a motor swap + 6spd swap would also get you better acceleration as well.

hondachik

Reaction score
Not necessarily, you could do a 6spd swap, which a few member's have done, and have stated that it has resulted in improvement.

Of course doing a motor swap + 6spd swap would also get you better acceleration as well.

Guess I'd need to learn how to drive a 6spd huh? Lol

It takes a lot of power to spin big heavy wheels. Its called reciprocating mass. It also severely effects the over all handling of the car with the increased un-sprung weight.

My car is much quicker with the 15" snow tires on it than the 17" super sticky summer tires.

Lol, I aint trying to race. Just want some acceleration. I notice older cars, with bigger rims, taking off faster than me. It's like I only stand a chance when in D3.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
welll...i tried to put my new moog endlinks and my Progress TL sway bar on...the OEM endlinks need the allen key and a wrench to take off...
so tell me how does the allen key hole..strip..:furious:

now i gotta cut the damn bolt...could've been on today but noooooooooooo bolt had to strip! :mad:

Allen sockets work better, especially with a hammer to give swift sharp blows.

Back