What'd you do to your accord today?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Paul basically laid out 3 options for me, given that a full CL-S 6 speed drivetrain is hard to come by nowadays with low miles.

1. Conventional 6 speed swap with Richie's harness (probably a 6 speed from a 7th gen)
2. J35 + Auto 5 Speed from 03/04 Oddy or Pilot
3. J35 + 6 Speed from CL-S or Accord

1. The popular choice - Chris/Judys' swap
2. Michael's/My swap
3. Didn't think that could be done........

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Was driving today and saw something small and shiny fly up over my hood and windshield. Discovered tonight it was my front V6 emblem haha. But now my grill looks ghetto. :(

What a heap- sell it to me ,now.:hihi:

Seriuosly though, that sucks. When you stick on the next one, use some of the 3M High temp gasket sealer to rub it on the back through the mesh. It incases the mesh grill between the two. I had mine like that for 5+ years. Cars washes and all.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Dillon your parents need to relax. What's the hurry. The biggest hurdle with the trans swap is money...if you got it, you've got half the battle. No sense in rushing the next part. Rent an Aveo for $20/day or something lol.

1. The popular choice - Chris/Judys' swap

Actually ours isn't on there, since there is no mention of a 3.2. :crazyeye:

What a heap- sell it to me ,now.:hihi:

Seriuosly though, that sucks. When you stick on the next one, use some of the 3M High temp gasket sealer to rub it on the back through the mesh. It incases the mesh grill between the two. I had mine like that for 5+ years. Cars washes and all.

haha. So you stuff this sealer between the mesh to give the adhesive more surface area to stick to? I guess it hardens?

This lasted around 4-5 years I'd say.

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
wiped the windshield (interior side) last nite

haven't done it for years. There was a layer of oil on it :ughrun:

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Dillon your parents need to relax. What's the hurry. The biggest hurdle with the trans swap is money...if you got it, you've got half the battle. No sense in rushing the next part. Rent an Aveo for $20/day or something lol.

Better than that, we have an extra 05 Accord sedan that I'm driving right now... I'm not sure why they're rushing to get it done, but I've yet to find anything, so I don't know what I can do. My search will continue :ughrun:

Hello People

Reaction score
9ysa5aha.jpg

6ehe9uhu.jpg

I've got a few days off, working on a little DRL project. Will update as I go.

Back