Where do you buy your Gas From? Read on for further information

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ahhh, i love a good copypasta in the evening http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp

oh, and i do boycott citgo for what its worth. chavez is off his rocker.

yay for fear-mongering

we live in a country that is the modern example of international capitalism, the saudi's are happy to have us in their pocket and we're happy to be there
capitalism has never been one for principles when the bottom line is involved :lawl:
Not for me. What matters to me is if it has Ethanol in it. I don't like the idea of using food for our gas.

I use MegaStar stations. Ethanol Free.
i agree on the point of not using it in cars made before ethanol became mandated at 10% (excepting 91+ octane).

why not use food for fuel, though? you already know america overproduces (and subsidizes) about double what we really need for consuming/feed/store/export/etc...right? theres tons and tons and tons of corn that goes to waste as it is.

renewable, and we have at least a start of existing infrastructure...

Inline4

Reaction score
i agree on the point of not using it in cars made before ethanol became mandated at 10% (excepting 91+ octane).

why not use food for fuel, though? you already know america overproduces (and subsidizes) about double what we really need for consuming/feed/store/export/etc...right? theres tons and tons and tons of corn that goes to waste as it is.

renewable, and we have at least a start of existing infrastructure...

because when we put ethanol in, were actually spending more money for less product... when a gallon of ethanol has less energy per gallon than octane does and you charge the same amount:bs2: but use 10% ethanol, we as consumers lose money because or cars wont travel as far. The day cars run on straight ethanol you'll have my vote but for now, i say nay.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
E85 is like 20% less "efficient" than gas, but its also something like 30% cheaper at the pump. those numbers arent exact since i haven't kept up with it in the last year or so.

juicebox00

Reaction score
great examples of post whores who doesnt read the content and only the subject title the quick reply

um, answered the question posted in initial statement and didn't feel like "reading on"

so w/e. :flipoff:

btw, i choose cheveron because of the stage 3 system the inherited from Texaco. Friends dad works for shell, but previously worked for texaco, and he even tells me and my friends to fill up at cheveron.

Last edited:

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Wow, some great points and feedbacks on this topic all around. Some excellent intellectual points, I'm glad people are able to read beyond the initial "what gas do you use" and immediately comment about it.

Good to see we have some involved minds here :) But wildman does have a point, this OP of this is a bit of a super conservative but, why donate to a company that does not share you interests?

I've been using the Sunoco gas in my car for a while, as well as shell. With all the ads and advertisment, I don't feel any difference in the vehicle, except for the cost of shell.... all gasoline has detergent, so the marketing campaign some companies has is a bit silly.

On an off topic, I refuse to buy Abercrombie & fitch clothing because I despise their employment and business philosophy regarding minorities. I understand my small purchases will have zero effect on their business, as will most of gasoline choices. But I think we should always be aware of where our money is going, and for what purpose it's being used. Money doesn't come by easy anymore

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^^I guess this would not be a good time to mention I might be interning for A & F in a few months haha.

I currently fill up at a gas station called Thorntons because their pumps are fast. I hate going to Exxon because I miss half my day trying to fill up. HOWEVER I rarely go to the gas station since I only drive about 30 miles a week

mr. smith

Reaction score
The ones that you listed in second list suck lol, as they don't add any additives and engine doesn't work as well as compare to Shell or Exxon.

Thats not true, my car runs way better on valero than shell or any of those "additive induced" gasolines they have and really is bs sales pitch for the most part. Regular oil changes and proper maintenance is what keeps an engine clean not magic cleaning bubbles in your gasoline. If you are having a pinging problem you need to up the octane level/and or not get gas with ethanol and it should stop.

Last edited:
Back