Why turbos are BAD and MONEY WASTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocayenne

Reaction score
99accordvtec said:
1. if youre driving an accord, youre obviously not too concerned with being the fastest out there in the first place.
2. With the headaches that an H22 swap would cause and all the time it consumes, i find it pointless personally, and you can always convert back to stock if you decide you want to sell it (if you have a turbo).
3. if you blow up an F23, big f'n deal. a new one is like 300-600 bucks, whereas an H22 is way more.
4. having a turbo accord, i know for sure the amount of attention and props people give you for having somehting that no one else possesses, even if it may not be the fastest ever. come on, theres how many turbo 6th gen accords in your town? or how bout your state? or maybe your region or the entire united states??? im sure you can count them on one hand. i mean my car hangs with most cars easily and i still have so much room for improvement.
5. you should do what you want. dont let anyone who has never had experience with a f23 turbo before give you any reason to rethink your decision. it is so much fun to have that extra power and the props are nice, when ppl hear it blow off or hang with them and gve you the look like WTF? thats a 4 door turbo accord? wow.

6. in reality, its just nice, its not the greatest car in the first place but if youre looking for some fun, boosting is the way to go, just prepare yourself for problems in the future.

hope i could help.

yo bro, how many horsepower u got from your turboed F23 engine??

angelplus

Reaction score
well if you do everything correct, and dont **** up, adn you tune it with out just slapping everything on there and hitting the gas as hard as you can til you blow your motor, then ya its not worth it. but if you're lookin for something for a HUGE upgrade, and something that would be fun to handle with and see how things work ect all that kind of stuff, then the project is yours. just as long has you have the money to back all that **** up with. like me, i like building stuff, putting it together and seeing how everything works, thats why'd i'd get a turbo kit and expirement, fine tune it and build it up from the ground. but with out money its hopeless and looking at what the world is comming to, i see that prices will be going up.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
My friend is a testament to the fact that a turbo charged car can be daily driven and reliable. He has an AWD turbo Talon, 20psi daily, 26psi on C16. If you do everything correctly, build the motor according to the demands the extra airflow will place on it, you can have a reliable turbo car. Hell, DSM's are MUCH less reliable than Honda's and even most DSM'ers will atest to that. Do it once and do it right.

clevengercm

Reaction score
There is a guy on everything-honda that has a turbo f23 with stock internals and has well over 100k on the engine and like 30k on it being turbo..I forget the guys name though

nygamble

Reaction score
where can i find 16g turbo? is it a kit?
i like the FMAX turbo kit... and the drags.....
but i would really like to save money and build a turbo kit myself....

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
Hell, DSM's are MUCH less reliable than Honda's and even most DSM'ers will atest to that. Do it once and do it right.
hahahaha, before your last 2 sentences, i was like reliable and dsm dont go together in the same sentence. my firend had a tsi last fall...had some bolts ons and made around 300hp. hes got a gsx now with about 250 with boltons. too bad he had to redo the timing belt 3 times on his laser, once on the tsi (inlcuding machining of both heads)...hes owned 8 dsms in the last 2 years. on june 1st hes taking delivery of his fully built buschur talon. should be in the 500hp neighborhood. this will be an interesting summer, seeing as how the 300hp tsi was almost unbeatable. weve got a serious rice issue in madison soooo...

[/hijack] :cool:

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
He wanted to get away from the crankwalking 2g motors so he swaped a 1g motor in. He's in the ballpark of 400hp right now with plans for more. It's time for a new turbo for him, he's pretty much maxed the efficiency of the big 16g. It's getting time to throw a new tranny at it as well. He's definatly far beyond bolt-on's, fully built along with DSMlink full standalone.

Last edited:

acrod99

Reaction score
my parts from an FMAX kit will be on ebay soon...just puttin that out there for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back