Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 10/28/13

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 3/25/13

Battery on order, arriving tomorrow supposedly. More to come next week/this weekend.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 3/25/13

Update 5/20/13!

Alright, battery came and started right up. I think I found the draw on the battery and think it was the MSD ignition as it was wired directly to the battery and had 12.5V going to it even with everything off.

Re-wired the MSD Ignition system to the ignition wire off of the main fuse box and that fixed the voltage issue as far as i could test after. Although now it's takes a little trick to start due to the ignition wire sending power in-between cranking and accessories on (I believe this to be the case). But runs just fine. Hit 18~20psi on a back street and man do I miss that greatly...... Can someone confirm this on the ignition wiring diagram or power sequence and when that gets power?

Tested out the sway bar and made a HUGE difference! It now has even steering finally in lieu of how it comes stock. I am in :wub:!!!!! Best part is no oil leaks or any other leak (for now)! Also got a new fresh tank of E85 in it too so that should help greatly instead of the old fuel I have in there.

Two things remain: Alignment and Tune!

1) My friend works at a shop that just purchased scales and alignment rack so next time he's there late i'll get a corner balance and alignment with him for almost nothing (well probably a case of beer :beer:

2) Since that may take forever to line up (ha-ha) i'll probably drive it around this week and fine tune the wiring of the MSD to a final location and solder it in place and make sure everything is all hunky-dory and then next week call and set up a tune at the shop for the following week

More to come in the next 2 weeks!

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Re: Going for a re-tune.... (Round #2) Updated 5/20/13

Well drove it to work this morning, and boy does it definitely need an alignment!

The other thing is, it's having trouble starting and takes a few cranks more than normal. My guess is that it's the MSD wiring.

So i'll try to get an alignment here soon, and continue to work on the MSD wiring for a better start. This summer i'll take it to the track as well and there's a whole other list in prep for that, but one step at a time.

I'll call for a time to tune next week, and hopefully have a tune appointment for the first week of June!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

Hey man,Do you have a knock sensor?
I broke mine doing the oil gauge install and it wont fit with the extra sending unit now..Just wanted to make sure it wont mess anything up with the tune, I plan on taking the car next week for them to re-tune it.Hopfully they can get it back on the streets for good!

If i NEED the knock sensor,ill have no choice but to uninstall the gauge or buy one of those oil filter sandwich plates for the gauge unit.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

You have the aem ems so you don't HAVE to have one. I got rid of mine a long time ago actually, so you should be fine without it. Best of luck on your tune!

Brad2274

Reaction score

how did the sway bar feel? i just picked up a 24mm progress today

White6GAV6

Reaction score

Feels awesome. One of the best investments in my opinion. Car stays planted through slow corners and quick corners.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

It is well worth the money hands down, car stays flat and almost no body roll in the corners in the stiff position of the sway bar.

Definitely well worth it, actually almost awkward at first as I was expecting the normal body roll that our cars have. ha-ha.

AFAccord

Reaction score

I have Eibach front and rear sways, and agree it was one of the best investments (handling wise).

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

oh snap! glad to see your still working on this. mines been on the back burner for a few months getting ready for drift season.

you get a date set for the tune yet?

Back