What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What did you do today Detailing related?

Didnt do anything to the CG but detailed my wifes EM

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

What did you do? You have a process?

So I finished up my wheels this weekend. Also fixed a fitment issue with a side skirt, and painted the tops of the hood brackets since you can see them with the spacers in there.

I used Klasse on my CF hood, took some of the white oxidation away and added a bit of its original luster back.

Congrats on putting in a lot of strenuous hours for polishing the wheels. The outcome most likely made it worth it at the end when you look at your car every time.

Didn't take pictures, but finally decided to wash her today since the rain finally left and all the pollen seems to have settled. Used Dawn and Vinegar, and can't believe how much the Vinegar has helped bring out the shine and removed the grime, versus just using nothing but dish soap :beer:

Is there a reason why you choose to use a non automotive car soap? There's a couple decent over the counter car soaps you can purchase at you auto parts store.

A friend stopped by on Sunday for a maintenance wash.

Started off with a really dirty car because it's parked outside 24/7. He will be stopping by every month now to upkeep on it.

And closer....

Backing away.

Foaming it down for initial pre rinse. I could not go straight to washing due to how excessive the dirt was on top of the paint.

Done. Reflection is starting to come back.

Process for wash:

Initial pre foam to help loosen and break up any surface dirt that's not embedded to the paint that would require agitation.
Rinsed
Foamed again with Auto Finesse Avalanche & Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner Mixed
Two bucket method wash
Rinsed
Dried

I like to start with cleaning the wheels and tires first before the paint. The reason is because after you wash your paint and rinsed, you will go back to the wheel and tire to clean them. After spraying on your cleaner, and agitating, you will create a mess and it could potentially get back on to your clean paint during the process or afterwards when rinsing.

If you tackle your wheels, tires, and wheel wells first then it's already clean when you move on to the wash for the paint. There won't be any chance of any cross contamination of dirt flinging onto the paint.

Before shot of wheel

Process for wheels, tires, wheel wells:

sprayed wheel cleaner onto wheel first(Griots garage heavy duty wheel cleaner)
Agitated and rinsed
Wet tires then sprayed (Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner and scrubbed with tire brush)
Rinsed
Sprayed wheel wells(Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner and scrubbed with stiff brush)
Rinsed

Any comments, questions, or suggestions, feel free to leave a remark. Thank you for viewing.

Last edited:

pinoy209

Reaction score

i wonder how long it would take to clean that H2 in the background?:rofl:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

washed and waxed the 6ga yesterday.. gonna do a photoshoot tmr haha

lemmie, do u need to do a pre-rinse if there's a lot of dust on top of the paint? I usually spray it down pretty good before starting on the sponge...

truWarier02

Reaction score

So I am receiving my new painted bumper from eBay and I asked them how long before I can apply sealant/wax on it and to my surprise, they said they had applied wax before they shipped it out. :wtf:

I thought, in general, you had to wait about a month for it to cure/outgas? Or do they have like a room where they bake the paint for several days to expedite that process? Majority of places state 1 month to 1/2 year and on the other spectrum, the owner of the shop I had my front lip painted said 3 days. :hmmm2:

I plan to give my car a full detail this weekend so is it safe to strip their wax so I can apply my own polish + sealant? Or just leave it alone?

cmgreensr

Reaction score

So I am receiving my new painted bumper from eBay and I asked them how long before I can apply sealant/wax on it and to my surprise, they said they had applied wax before they shipped it out. :wtf:

I thought, in general, you had to wait about a month for it to cure/outgas? Or do they have like a room where they bake the paint for several days to expedite that process? Majority of places state 1 month to 1/2 year and on the other spectrum, the owner of the shop I had my front lip painted said 3 days. :hmmm2:

I plan to give my car a full detail this weekend so is it safe to strip their wax so I can apply my own polish + sealant? Or just leave it alone?

I always heard 30 days unless something change over the years. Either way, I wouldn't feel safe touching the new stuff but that's just me.

Brad2274

Reaction score

ive always been told a month, did they paint it recently or do they have them pre painted months prior to selling?

truWarier02

Reaction score

I always heard 30 days unless something change over the years. Either way, I wouldn't feel safe touching the new stuff but that's just me.

Same here. There are so many different views on this topic though.

ive always been told a month, did they paint it recently or do they have them pre painted months prior to selling?

Good question. I placed the order on the 11th and they shipped it on the 22nd. They also had me fill out a form with my color code and VIN to verify. So I assume they paint-to-order. They use a Dupont system, if that matters.

danmccormick87

Reaction score

They might bake it in an oven, like ceramic coating, but I'd still think that you'd need to oxygenate the paint over time to allow settling...

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score

how was the fitment of the bumper? and how was the color match? where did u get it and for how much..?

truWarier02

Reaction score

how was the fitment of the bumper? and how was the color match? where did u get it and for how much..?

It was just delivered to my house earlier today. I'll check when I get back in a bit.

Refer to this post: Front Bumper

It's a Tong Yang brand, which is CAPA certified so hopefully fitment won't be an issue. Paint is Dupont.

Also have a rear bumper coming soon from a separate seller by the name onlinepartbin. Keystone brand and Dupont paint as well. Total of $520 for painted front and rear bumpers. Solid deal if fitment is acceptable and paint is nice.

Back